V: FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS BUT NOT REALLY FRIENDS

chapter five; friends with benefits but not really friends

"ALRIGHT, WHAT'S UP WITH YOU? you've been acting off all morning

"ALRIGHT, WHAT'S UP WITH YOU? you've been acting off all morning." alfie pointed out as he looked at the girl sitting in front of him who hadn't said anything to him or rosie all morning. "m'not acting off." lyric mumbled leaning her head onto her elbow, while pushing around the eggs on her plate. "yes you are! you haven't even touched your breakfast - you love breakfast!" alfie exclaimed while motioning to her still full plate even though they had been sitting in the great hall for fifteen minutes. "is it because you're still hungover?" he whispered.

lyric smacked him, "no i am not hungover!" the only reason why lyric wasn't hungover (even though last night was the first time she had ever gotten drunk) was because of rosie, who was a pro at curing hangovers. while lyric was dying in bed, rosie had brewed the poor girl a potion to sooth her headache which made lyric feel instantly better as she downed the drink. "then why are you acting like this?" alfie pouted as he leaned in closer to get a better look at her face.

"I don't know. I guess i'm just tired - and no it's not because i'm hungover!" she cut him off before he could interject. alfie sighed, he knew something was up with the girl, but he also knew that she was stubborn - very stubborn. he wasn't going to get anything out of her.

lyric continued to push around her eggs as the time passed, neither of the two hufflepuffs saying anything else. the truth was, lyric knew why she was acting this way. she wasn't tired, in fact she was the exact opposite. her mind was racing at the thoughts that flooded her mind of last night. it was racing at the thought of fred weasley. lyric didn't remember much about what happened, only that the redheaded boy had walked her back to her common room and that she had waited outside until someone let her in - as she was too drunk to tap the combination on the barrels.

it was such a sweet gesture she didn't expect coming from him, because it was just so out of character. who would've thought that the boy who dungbombed every person in sight no matter student or teacher could be so caring towards a girl he barely knew. she glanced over to the gryffindor table and saw fred laugh at something his twin had said, making her heart do a little flip at the sight of his contagious smile and the crinkles that formed around his beautiful eyes and his cute little nose that looked so boopable and -

no. no no no. absolutely not. she quickly turned around and shook those mushy thoughts out of her head. what was she thinking? what the bloody hell was she thinking? she decided to blame the thoughts she just had on the fact that it was almost her time of the month and that she was feeling very emotional right now.

it bothered her so much that she couldn't remember anything the pair said to each other last night. she feared that she might've slipped something very embarrassing out or that she made a fool of herself in front of him.

"come on you two, I have potions and I would very much appreciate it if snape didn't yell at me for being late." rosie said as she grabbed her two best friends by the shoulders. lyric was too lost in thought to see that the girl had walked up to them and jumped at her friend's touch. the three best friends walked along the corridor - rosie and alfie walking ahead as they knew lyric wanted some alone time. just as they were about to turn the corner, someone pulled at lyric's wrist causing her to whip her head around. she almost gasped at the sight of the person in front of her.