- f o u r -

[ family is everything ]

"What is our baby angel doing, then? Is she fine? You don't have much problem, right?", the female voice came through the phone.

It was a peaceful Sunday afternoon when Roshnaq decided to get some news from Mumbai, a daily routine to fill Zoya's free time at home. And the mother-now-grandmother never missed to show how grateful she was knowing her daughter's life had become better since her path crossed Aditya's, and their own little child being their reason to smile more. Mothers, you know.

"Your baby angel has become a very naughty baby, nowadays. Already being so demanding.", she replied as she was tidying the clean and pressed clothes in the cupboard. "Such a naughty and drama queen. Quite like her father.", she whispered the last words.

"I am not naughty.", she heard the manly whine from the bed, whilst being busy with some paperwork. "Of course, you are.", she chuckled.

"Zoya, you must not talk so about my son.", Roshnaq mock warned her daughter.

"Oh, I see. Ammi, you are supposed to be on my side, not his. I am your own daughter, for your information.", she lowly groaned hearing her mother chuckle at her manners.

"Roshnaq, who are you talking to?", Waseem appeared from behind holding his briefcase. "Your laadli beti."

Zoya heard her father in the background with a smile as she finished her work, and went to sit on the bed next to her man, the baby laid in between. "Assalaam-alaikkum, abbu! How are you?"

"We are fine, beta, how are you and everyone else doing there? Especially our little shehzaadi.", talking about his granddaughter always brought a spark on his face.

"That's what I was saying to ammi, abbu. She's become a stubborn one.", she said leaving a little chuckle caressing the baby on the bed.

"Zoya, dare you talk like that about my doll.", Waseem playfully angered as Zoya shook her head, and both father and daughter carried on with the conversation, Aditya smiling at times listening to them. He knew how special the bond between a father and his daughter was in real. Being the father of his own little girl, he cherished the beauty and importance of a daughter's place in life more. Though he just waited for her to grow much bigger, the day they would also behave like two best buddies so close.

"Okay, abbu, I have to take care of the remaining work, and then Diya needs her bath, as well. Will catch you later.", saying so, she cut the call after hearing her parents' blessings, and looked at her husband who was still busy with his paperwork.

"Are you almost done with your work? Shall I get you some coffee?", she asked concerned about him working for more than two hours by now. "No, I'm fine, ya. Just these last few sheets and I am done.", still focused on his business.

Smiling, "Fine! I will be in the kitchen if you need anything.", she stood up and checking one last time the sleeping baby on the bed, she walked to the kitchen, crossing her brother-in-law who walked in their room.

"Bhai, you busy?", asked he as he stood by the bed.

"Well, as you can see. But my ears are still listening.", replied he stapling the pieces of paper all together.