- n i n e -

Surprise! Bonne lecture!

[ Celebrations ]

"Guess who is turning one today. Who is becoming a big baby huh?", Zoya held the little kid in her arms and twirled round on herself as she showered her of kisses on her chubby cheeks.

"My big girl. Papa's baby. No one else's.", coming from behind, Aditya took her in his hold and ran away leaving Zoya alone. "Aditya, I was holding her. You cheater!"

"Come and catch us if you can.", he winked at her

He sprinted out holding the little one in his arms, chased by the innocent wife who wanted to hold the kid longer. This day marked the most beautiful moment of their life a year ago, when the young woman gave birth to their little princess ; those first minutes of her comfortably sleeping in their arms in the hospital ; those first memories of theirs as new-born parents. That breath of relief when they heard her first cries as she came on Earth. They still recalled how tiny and beautiful and priceless she looked on her first day. An angel that came down from up there, from the heavens.

"Adi, Zoya, what are you both doing? And Adi, don't you forget you are running holding the kid in your arms.", Harshvardhan walked downstairs as he glared at the childish adults.

"Papa, I was having my own time with Diya and this man had to take her from me.", she pouted like a child walking and complaining to her father, and she frowned when Aditya tucked his tongue out, the little baby still giggling, 'playtime after-effects'.

"Adi! Why did you do that?", he asked as if scolding him in anger.

"It's my daughter's birthday today, and I am having fun with her. What's the problem in that? Right baby?", she squealed in excitement when he turned to look at her showing his teeth, as if aware of the celebrations, and he dropped a long peck on her cheek holding her face.

"She's my daughter as well, and I was playing with her first.", Zoya crossed her arms.

"You had held her for 9 months before me. Let me enjoy my time now.", she gasped at his 'Zoya logic' wale arguments —bad habits could be contagious— but her lips soon broke into a smile as she witnessed the bless-the-day kinda scene. The little girl clapping her hands while the father was dancing and twirling holding her up in the air, her giggles echoing in the room, and both the spectators smiling wider at her happiness being with her father.

He turned his face and noticed the sudden tear rolling down his wife's cheek accompanying her smile and he walked to her.

"Baby, look mumma is sad. Tell her she's the best mumma in the world and that she should never cry.", he told in a baby voice looking at the angel, who stared at her mother confused about her cry cry face.

"I am not sad, these are tears of joy, pagal.", he chuckled at her reply and took her into his embrace, before kissing her temple. She then felt the tiny and chubby palm tapping on her cheek and she looked up at the little girl trying to caress her, unconsciously removing the wet traces on her face.

"Oh my baby cares for her mumma.", she kissed her caressing palm and gave a wide smile again, reassuring her little one.

"Kabhi kisi ki nazar na lage hamari family par.", the older man sent a silent prayer as he looked at them.