- f i v e -

[ the adorable attention-seeker ]

"Who can fly high in the air ? It's my baby princess!"

Lain down on the mat in their room, Aditya held his arms stretched upwards and played with the kid as she giggled wholeheartedly when he started flexing his arms, pushing her up and down. She just loved being in his arms and playing the flying game. She couldn't understand it, but flying planes already became her favorites in her little heart. She was certainly her papa's daughter.

He brought her first plane plush toy when she was just 5 months old, and he made it fly in the air above her head cooing like the pilot he was. That was her first as she giggled in admiration for the flying big ball and stretched her arms trying to catch it. And once able to touch it, Aditya not leaving his grip by fear she wouldn't be able to hold it strongly, he softly and playfully rubbed it against her nose before pulling it away. He repeated the same and a smile appeared on her face, preceding her loud giggles. She tried to hold it closer but he again pulled it away. That gesture made her smilIng curve slowly fall downwards, anticipating her tears as per the pout, and preventing her from crying, he got it closer to her face and carefully made her hold it. And he was surprised how she held that toy, bigger than herself, close to her body, hugging it to take her afternoon nap.

He made her lay down on the soft and warm mat, not leaving his eyes off her. Already 27 weeks old, she started seeing things around her better and recognizing people. She was loving getting some special attention and special care from everyone and used to show off her powerful smile to get anyone into her adorable trap. Oh, she was just too irresistible!

She moved her arms and legs in the air, busy playing holding her legs and making a chubby ball of herself, while Aditya just stayed laid there as a silent spectator. The pure and innocent sight of his daughter calm and happy could keep him tied to its web forever and he just loved spending minutes, hours, days listening to her baby language. Hard to understand them the way Zoya was able to, but each time she would try those babyish noises talking with full concentration, it was a must watch.

Smiling as he was hovering her, he kissed loudly on her small hair as she held her head up and looked at her father smiling, before his phone ringing interrupted their moment.

"Yes sir, I was waiting for your call."

He sat up straight talking on the phone, still glancing at the little one who slowly turned her neck on the right, having lost her father's full attention because of that stupid toy in his hand. As he carried on talking, she tried to touch him and stretched her arm forward but in vain. She continued trying to push herself forward and hearing her soft groans, he patted on her shoulder so as to calm her down.

"Yes definitely. I will be there in the morning for the formalities, for sure.", he replied to his senior still patting on her soft arms before glancing at her.

"What baby ?! Want to sleep ? Or some dhoodh ?", he softly asked looking at her as she stared at him.

"Sorry sir, I am looking after my daughter so was talking to her... Yeah yeah she is all fine, thanks for asking.", he kissed on her forehead as she slowly neared him and held his shirt in her tiny fist trying to stand. Her mouth uttering baby sounds as she was putting so much of effort into nearing her father drew him back and he smiled wide.

"I swear I have seen the document here. Where could I have left it ?", a frustrated Aditya was seated on the bed looking at the sheets in the file one by one, the little one laid in the middle of the bed playing alone.

"Aditya, are you sure you have checked all the files in your drawer ? Try to check slowly and more patiently", Zoya asked as she walked in with the washed and ironed uniform of her husband.