- t e n -

Who is back from hibernating?
Bonne lecture!

[ a surprise for mumma ]

"Thank you for having invited us. It's not often that our kids get to come out of the Home. Thank you for the warm welcome.", as the party guests were soon fading away, the Hoodas got busy bidding bye to the remaining few ones, right now the orphanage people.

"Please do not mention it ma'am, in fact thank you so much for coming here. We really appreciated your presence. Especially our little Diya.", Aditya smiled at the lady as they looked at the little one who silently waved bye at those waving her back.

"Thank you bhaiyaa for the tasty cake.", the kids said making them chuckle. "Happy you loved the cake kids. Hope you will love the gifts as well. See you soon everyone.", they sent them off before walking to the living room to relax, Anjana and Zoya gone to their kitchen department.

"Oh that was a long day. But it was fun. Wasn't it baby?", Aditya sat on the armchair and looked at the kid who was sitting on her naani's laps next to him, while her fingers were lazily playing with her long neck chain. Hearing her father's voice, she turned her head back to him and extended her arms for him to hold her.

"She must be very tired, she didn't even sleep well with the party arrangements the entire day. Where is Zoya? She has to have her food and get some rest.", Roshnaq asked caressing her head and she started crying, urging Aditya to hold her.

"Baby, here. Have some cake. You hungry? You want some cake, hai na?", she immediately stopped crying and looked at the little piece on the plate her uncle brought her. Aditya holding it for her, she slowly brushed the cream on the top feeling the soft thing with her fingertip and then crashed the dessert between her fingers before tasting her hand full of chocolate and cream. The strange texture of it was fun to touch and she had loved the taste too when they first fed her during the party, that she enjoyed having it instead of waiting for her usual homemade mashed food.

"You could have said that you wanted cake. Instead of being moody with us.", Harshvardhan chuckled.

"It seems that our little shehzaadi is really loving cakes. Look at her face.", Waseem laughed at their granddaughter's look.

"And when someone is going to see this—", Noor started pointing at her creamy dress and stopped seeing the figure by the dining table. "Too late!", she told quietly.

"What is going on here?", they all stopped laughing hearing the female voice and turned their head except for the little girl who was more into dipping her fingers in the smashed cake and sucking them. "Aditya, what are you doing? Look at her dress, oh dear!"

"She was feeling hungry so—", he started to get interrupted. "Go and get her clean right now.", he silently nodded his head, not able to say anything back to the fierce lady. As he stood up, he passed a glare hearing Arjun and Noor laughing next to him. Their elder sister was a real sherni, like he would call her.

​•••

"You just had some cake right? Maybe dirtied your dress a little, but we would have it cleaned like before. I tell you, your mumma can get too angry for nothing sometimes.", she was busy playing with her toy duck listening to his talks when he took her out of the bath covering her in her baby hooded towel.