Chapter 2

It can’t be. The ghost, it’s really there, sitting on top of the shelf with its back facing over me. I slowly crept out of the door, hoping that the ghost won’t turn around and captured me and make me as his companion in hell. But no such luck, a loud hissing sound coming from the back of the door stopped me from getting any further.

I spun around and faced the ghost as he makes another hissing sound, causing my heart to beat faster than ever before. My back was now facing the door entrance when suddenly, a loud thump coming from the back of the door, causing me to flinch and cry in terror. I quickly ran out of the closet when a pained yet sweet kind of voice, stopped me.

“Help...”

I turned to face the door, hoping that this wasn’t just my mind playing tricks on me or even the ghost asking me for help. I shuddered at the thought as I slowly walked out of the closet when another cry coming from the back of the door was heard.

“Wait, stop…”

Now, I’m sure it wasn’t just my mind playing tricks on me. I walked closer to the creepy door as I grabbed the door handle and pulled it, revealing the most horrifying sight I ever seen. A dead body was laid across the cold floor with his back against the wall. He was injured, his head hung low, his hands was scratched and his nose was bleeding.

I stepped closer to the boy and flinched when the boy hissed. I quickly sat down next to him, inspecting all of his injury when a loud thump was heard from where the ghost was sitting. I was about to leave the room when a hand stopped me from my tracks.

I turned to face the injured boy, with his head up, watching me with slight interest. I blushed at how his eyes roamed over me from my face all the down and back to me. He began

“Don’t w-worry, that’s just... Ugh...”

I kneeled down next to him as I inspect all of his injuries, from head to toe. He was badly injured and I guessed, he must’ve been bullied and I bet there’s more than one of them because the bruises were bad.

I grabbed his left arm as I helped him stood up when another thump coming from where the ghost sits was heard. I fell down along with the boy, causing a loud moan to erupt. I apologized to him over and over again when he replies

“It’s okay, it’s didn’t hurt as much as the others. Okay? And don’t worry, that’s not a ghost, that’s just the air vents, okay?” he smiled causing a blush to crept onto my face

“B-but what about t-that?” pointing over towards the ghost

He chuckled “That’s just the towel the janitor uses to clean”

‘Oh’ was the only thing that could come out from me. He chuckled but stopped when he realized that his pain was getting a lot worse. I helped him stood up as wrapped his stomach trying to ease the pain.

“Thanks” He mumbled before we went over to the nurse’s office. We stopped a couple feet away before he asked

“Where are we going?”

“To the nurse’s office” using the ‘duh’ tone on him

He shook his head “N-no, let’s just go to the cafeteria okay” he begged

“But you’re injured and we need to report this to the principal”

He shook his head once more “No, I’m fine. Let’s just go to the cafeteria and eat. I’m hungry”

“Fine, but I’m going to clean you up first okay”

We walked over towards the cafeteria where it was fully pack by students everywhere. I glanced over my usual seat and there I saw my friends sitting and having a casual chat with one another. We walked over towards them and they stopped what they’re doing when their eyes met ours. Their face turns pale as we approached them closer.