Chapter 3

“What are you doing here?”Luke asked flatly

“I just want to talk to her” he replied

“Sorry, she can’t talk to you right now, or ever” he returned as he pulled me closer

“So you’re Avril’s boyfriend now?” he asked sarcastically

Luke nodded “Yeah, better than you ever did”

Ethan clenched his fist and I glared him. He unclenched them, knowing that this would end up differently if he went any further. I maybe a girl but I don’t give a shit about it. He stepped closer towards me but stopped when Luke starts giving him a death glare. It’s funny how Luke turns from an annoying and perverted guy to an over-protective friend.  

“One more step, I swear I’ll break your damn leg” Luke growled

“Shut up, you don’t know anything. You’re just the school’s bad boy who thinks he’s tough and strong, but in fact you’re just a sadistic person who has a bad childhood and has no friends” He retorted

“You-” Luke growled but I cut him off before things going to get worse

“Ethan shut up! You changed. You changed because of that bitch. You chose that bitch over me. You didn’t even say anything about her when she messed up my shirt, my favourite shirt Ethan. I guess you forgot about to didn’t you. Damn it Ethan, just get out of my sight” I shouted

“Please Av, let me explain-” he begged

“There’s nothing to explain. You chose that bitch over me, your own bestfriend, and the one who saved your ass back in prep school. J-just get out of my sight” I cried

He sighed “Fine but I’m sorry okay. I.. I didn’t mean to.. Whatever, the principal wants to see you”

He left us alone as I sighed in relief. I’m glad I did that, letting all my anger out, something that I never usually did when we used to be together and now, I felt as if I’m freed, freed from everything that Ethan has hold me back from.

I grabbed my lunch and handed them all over to Luke. He stared at them for a while until he gets the idea. He was reluctant to take at first but in the end, he took them all anyway. I stood up as I walked down to the principal’s office, but a hand stopped me from my tracks. I looked over to Luke as he pulled me back down.

“You haven’t eaten anything. You should eat something before you go to the principal’s office and get lectured about the purpose of life” he said sarcastically

“I lose my appetite”

He shook his head “You should at least eat something” he grabbed the brownie “Here, take it. You need some energy to face with that mad man”

I shook my head “Seriously, I’m fine”

He shoved the brownie into my hand “Just take it. I’m sure you need at least something to fill that empty stomach of yours”

I sighed “Fine”

I got back up as I walked down to the hallway. But I was stopped by a hand and spun around. I was about to say something to him but I was stopped by his lips on me. His lips were rough yet sweet, nothing like I have experienced before. I felt sparks, sparks like every love story that I have read. Fireworks, glows, rainbows or something, let’s just say I felt them all. All those love story I’ve read, now I admit it, all of them was true.

It’s different, way more different than Ethan’s. When I kissed him, I never felt this kind of sparks before. He made me think all of them were lie and blamed that those kind of love never exist. But now, I guess they were true. I guessed this was how it felt to find someone who you truly meant to be with.