Chapter 4

“Done”

“Seriously, how can you draw something impossible in just less than an hour?” Luke asked

“I’m just naturally born with the skills” popping the ‘p’ to him

“Not fair. Why can’t I have one?” he whined

“Because you already have one that is singing you idiot”  

“Oh yeah” he smiled cheekily “Tomorrow I’ll show them”

“Now you’re just showing off”

“True”

I returned back to my drawing but stopped as the bell finally rang. The class ended as the rest of the students went out and head for bus, while us, we have a detention to spare. I asked Luke about it and he told me that he beat up some guy for trying to steal some kid’s lunch money but he ended up the one getting hurt where I found him in the janitor’s closet. I don’t even know whether to called him stupid or not for that.

We walked down to the busy hallway towards the detention room together along with his friends; Calum, Michael and Ashton. He introduced them to me back in the art class, apparently we have the same class over the last few years and yet, I never noticed them, not even once. Maybe I was too preoccupied with my drawings so I didn’t notice my surroundings.

They’ve been friends for years and they shared the same bond with one another, brothers for life. They have their own band as well and they have the same taste of music, weird but cool, still weird. Not to mention, their band name; 5 seconds of summer. At first I find it a little bit weird but then, they told me that it was their idea of making is sounds cool as 5SOS and I find it really damn cool.

Apparently, it wasn’t a surprise that they also got themselves a detention with some crazy excuses. I told my mom about it and she was actually mad at first but fine with it when I told her the whole story. I asked her to tell Joe that I’ll probably be late but surely I won’t break my promises to him like someone did just because of these things.

I walked into the classroom and sure enough that both of them were there along with some other few students. I grabbed my seat on the other side of the room along with the boys. Luke sat next to me with Calum, Michael and Ashton behind us. A few minutes later, the teacher came and what a surprised, the principal himself was going to be watching us.

We began our usual chat with the boys, insulting one another and most of the time, Luke become the star of the insults. I found out that these guys were open about each other, inside and out and they were used to it with each other’s craziness.

During our casual chats, I caught someone from the corner of my eyes along with their few other friends but I just ignored them. They kept on staring at us, inspecting us from time to time and at some point I felt freaked out about it.

As usual, being my evil self, a plan popped out into my head. Luke seems kind of noticed it since he’s been watching me for most of the time. He began to whisper something to me as I nodded. He began to wrap his arms around me as I laid my head over his shoulder, making it seems intimate.

He may think that this is just a way to make him jealous but what’s about to come will totally freak him out even more. I whispered something to Luke, trying to make sure that he was okay with this but he just nodded and convince me that he’s fine and carry on with it.

I grabbed his left cheek as spun him around and kissed him on the lips which he returned. I could feel the sparks that came out the same as the first time we did and everything around us seems to fade away as if we were the only thing that exists in this world.