Chapter 9

A/N: Forgot to say this the last chapter, but remember I put a song for this chapter. If you don't like listening to songs, while reading, then that's also fine. Suit yourself, and enjoy.

---

The early morning sun was already well risen causing the air to feel refrigerated. That same coolness combined with moisture Jaebum always felt when he reached for the coffee cream. Though it was late enough for bright light, it was early enough for the streets to be almost deserted. The quiet felt nice. Especially after yesterday, which had been a shitty day. A truly shitty day.

The auburn-haired ran a hand through his hair, patting his face along the way. He somehow knew he had woken up with a swollen or puffy face, but he was alone, so it didn't quite matter. He let his hand fall on to the black iron rail, rough in its rustic charm and placed his weight on the first step. He continued down the stairs, as the living room came into sight.

The noise of a mixer filled the room, bringing him back to consciousness. The aroma of a baking cake hit Jaebum, causing him to quicken his pace. Once he finally reached the last step, the figure of a woman came into his view. She might as well have graced any billboard or magazine cover, but she was better than any model Jaebum had seen. Her muscle definition was perfect and she stood there with confidence, which added to her charm. She wasn't just flawless in her bone structure; her skin was also like silk over a glass. Perfect charcoal hair that rested right above her shoulders and chocolate brown eyes that could swallow galaxies. Cheeks the color of pink roses and eyelashes longer than anyone's he had ever seen.

She was beautiful.

Without noticing it, Jaebum started walking towards her, and soon he was just a few inches away from her back. It looked like she was making something, or rather baking.

''Excuse me, but who are you?'', the auburn-haired spat out, his hand reaching out for the woman in front of her, trying to tap her shoulder. What he hadn't expected, was his hand going right through her body, as if she was transparent. As if, she was nothing but a translucent figure, hovering in front of him.

Okay. This was too far. Too much. He didn't want to admit it, but he was scared.

He brought his quivering hands back to himself, trying to calm himself down. A dream? Yes, it was a dream. Just a dream. His palms were getting sweatier and the adrenaline coursing through his system was shutting down his ability to think logically. He wanted to run back to his room, but as soon as he faced his back to the woman, he heard her voice.

''Are you awake yet?'', she said, a tint of amusement in her voice.

He sure hoped he wasn't awake yet. He hoped he was asleep, and not haunted by another woman. And oh, how he wished he'd woke up soon. Then the thought hit him. Was she talking to him? Oh, no no. Please let this be a hallucination, please dear lord. He really didn't need another ghost in this damned apartment of his.

''Who is it?'', Jaebum heard the voice of a man, but this time it came from the living room. It was hoarse and deep as if the guy had just woken up.

He turned his face only to see an all too familiar face. Jinyoung.

''There you are, honey'', the woman rushed towards the raven-haired, wrapping her arms across the man, almost strangling him.

Now that explained a bit. Maybe she hadn't been talking to Jaebum, which meant that the question might have been for Jinyoung. His girlfriend maybe? That must mean that she knew Jinyoung, and if she did then she might be from his world or wherever the fuck Jinyoung was from.