Chapter 11

Never before had Jaebum noticed how time was so much like water; that it could pass slowly, a drop at a time, even freeze, or rush by in a blink. The clock says time is measured and constant, tick tock, part of an orderly world; the clock lies. This single day had passed like thousands of camera frames per second shown one at a time to him. In this slow time-bubble, the birdsong was louder, the coldness was colder and the colors were brighter. All the while, his insides felt as if there was nothing there, nothing to need feeding, and nothing to have need of anything at all. He felt empty.

''ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ᴊᴀᴇʙᴜᴍ, ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴇᴛ. ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ. ɪ'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀʀᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ʏᴇᴛ''

The words from Jinyoung kept ringing his Jaebum's mind, as he just stared at Youngjae open-mouthed. What would have happened if he hadn't stayed a second longer? What if he hadn't overheard Jinyoung's little conversation with himself? His brain formulated no thoughts other than to register that he was still shocked. He closed his mouth, then looked at his toes before glancing back up to catch Youngjae's eye. "I can't believe it" was all Jaebum could say.

Jaebum didn't return to his apartment after that day, but he didn't stay at Youngjae's either. As much as he needed a place away from Jinyoung, his friend's place wasn't going to be it. He didn't like the idea of using his friend. Well wasn't really using Youngjae, per se, but it felt like that to Jaebum. The auburn-haired just wasn't that type of person. He didn't like depending on people. He didn't like being a burden to people. He could take care of himself, and he'd always been on his own anyway. Everything had been fine that way.

And that is why; he was in a 24-hour Cafe, running on his seventh cup of beer. He concentrated on the drink in his hand, but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't stop his mind from going back to that day. Replaying those words, repeatedly in his mind, until he couldn't take it anymore. Yet even when he wanted it to stop, it continued. Everything was starting to become disoriented and blurry, and he was starting to feel unstable.

Jinyoung couldn't hear Jaebum, nor see him. That's how it was supposed to be, yet he vividly remembers hearing those words from Jinyoung's own mouth. He heard them. He knew that. It had happened. That must mean that all of it had been a lie. Therefore, Jinyoung had been lying all this time. A dumb fucking lie. Some kind of joke. A bloody gag.

It all made sense. Of course, a fucker like him was the cause of the vanishing of an innocent girl. He was a manipulating devil, and even that seemed too good for him. Jaebum should never have let his guard down when it came to a bastard like him. That shitty twat! Why did Jaebum even believe him in the first place?

Jaebum banged his head into the table, causing Youngjae to flinch at the action. His head felt disorganized, a word Jaebum never wanted to be connected with his name, yet here he was. He couldn't help it, though. Jinyoung was fucking with him and his mind. Utterly screwing him over, but the worst part was that Jaebum let it happen.

''I'm going to fucking kill him'', the auburn-haired gulped down another beer, slamming it into the table, almost crushing the can with his bare hands. He was furious, but even that was an understatement. This was beyond any anger he had ever felt before.

''Wow, calm down there Hulk'', Youngjae stood up, his hand running down Jaebum's back trying to calm the male's nerves down, which was easier said than done. He grabbed the sides of the auburn haired's, turning his head to be facing Youngjae's own. Once he was sure he had his focus, he started speaking. He had to get his point across, which meant he had to choose his wisely unless he wanted a broken nose.

''Hey! I get you, I really do, but I think you're jumping to conclusions too quickly. I am in no way saying you lied to me, I already learned from my experience with not believing your ghost stories. I'm just telling you, we need to prove what you heard'', Youngjae explained, trying not to speak too harshly nor quickly.

''What do you mean?'', Jaebum asked, tilting his head, trying to make out the words his friend had just told him.

''I'm saying, that we need him to admit he can see you'', the strawberry blond-haired answered, a confident smile spreading across his face.

Admit Jinyoung could see him? Basically, confess his sins? What for? Jaebum looked at his friend, questioning his motives when it hit him. Shit, he was right. As much as he trusted his senses, he couldn't just go around and believing everything. He needed proof. Not only that but if he ever wanted to find out what Jinyoung's motive was, then it was no use if he just left the apartment and sat in this 24 hour cafe, chugging down beer cans. He needed to find out why Jinyoung had been lying to him. And now what he already was there, he might as well find out what was going on, all of it. Why was he seeing Jinyoung? Why was he disappearing upon their touch? And who was he to begin with?

''But how am I going to make him spit out the truth?'', Jaebum let out a sigh, upon realizing this was going to be much harder than expected. If Jinyoung could ignore him all this time, then who was to say he was going to stop all of a sudden.

''I say we'll rely on cheap tricks to begin it all off. Things like jumpscares or stuff that bring out natural responses from humans. And if it doesn't work then..'', Youngjae started explaining the elder, suddenly stopping midsentence.

''And if it doesn't work? Then what?'', Jaebum tilted his head, staring at his friend.

''Provoke him?'', Youngjae said, a small smirk on his lips.

Provoke him? How? Jaebum barely knew him, how was he going to do that. How was he going to cause a reaction, especially a negative one? Jinyoung had never shown him his ''weak'' side.

''Remember when you told me about the time you saw him crying'', Youngjae smirk became even more evident, if it even was possible, as he asked Jaebum.

Then it hit him.

Of course! The Jaebum had seen Jinyoung cry. Why didn't he think of it before? Jinyoung may be having some struggle Jaebum himself was unaware of. Something that could potentially leave him vulnerable.

''You're right'', Jaebum muttered to Youngjae, but it was more talking with himself.

''And if nothing seems to work, or everything just goes wrong, then just tell him about your traumatizing kindergarten stories of yours. You'll be sure to leave an impression'', Youngjae let out a small chuckle, as he said the last part jokingly.

Jaebum ignored the last comment, as he threw away the can of beer in his hand away. If he was going to do this, then he was going to do it right. It would be no use if he wasn't full possession of his senses. He couldn't be out of his mind in a crucial time like this. He needed up sober, so Jaebum let go of the can in his hand.

Tomorrow was going to be a big day.

And his first mission was to scare the living fuck out of Jinyoung.

---

A/N: Haha, it's Thursday. Well, turns out easter break made me forget the days, and i've been living in a constant state of exam preparation which is nice i guess. Don't forget to vote for the chapter, and sorry for the delayed update.