Chapter Eight:Kitestar

Kitestar ran into the nursery and lunged at Featherwhisker.The she-cat hissed and slashed at Toadleg's face.Mintleaf,Gourgepaw and Spottedpaw ran into the nursery.

      Featherwhisker ran out of the nursery and into the elder's den.Onepaw leaped onto her back and bit her spine.The brown she-cat hissed and shook Onepaw off. Brackenpaw and Mousepaw charged at Featherwhisker's side.

      The ThunderClan Deputy twisted in pain as Mousepaw and Brackenpaw clawed at her side.Featherwhisker managed to claw at Mousepaw's chest,causing him to reel away.

      The shaggy she-cat exploded into motion,clawing into Brackenpaw's leg before running into the elder's den. Dandelionkit bit Featherwhisker's tail,leading to her kicking him in the face.

      Kitestar leapt at Featherwhisker,biting her tail like Dandelionkit.Mintleaf scratched the she-cat's hind left leg before biting into it.

      Featherwhisker managed to scrabble free and run out of camp.
*****
A quarter-moon later

      Jaypaw and Spottedpaw followed Minnowstripe, Larkbounce,Timberhop,Leafheart,Ivyleaf,Berrypaw and Kitestar to the half-bridge."Is everyone here?"The WindClan leader,Larkstar, asked."Everyone accounted for,"Kitestar and three other leaders said."Where's Tigertail?"The RiverClan deputy,Bramblepelt,cried.

     "Jaypaw and Timberhop,stay here,"Kitestar said.
"Why?"Spottedpaw said.
"Because-,"The StoneClan leader was cut off by thunder striking nearby.

     "Spottedpaw,Jaypaw,Timberhop and Larkbounce, change of plan,"Kitestar said"You go back to camp,".
"But-,"Jaypaw was cut off by a silver tom leaping into the clearing and scratching Larkstar's side.

      Ivyleaf,Berrypaw,Spottedpaw and Timberhop ran into the forest,horrified.Thunder crashed as warm drizzle dribbled down.The trees' sillouettes seemed like giants against the storm clouds.

      Berrypaw and Spottedpaw continued to run while Timberhop and Ivyleaf stayed behind.