Chapter Fourteen:Kits And Death

Spottedpelt watched as Pebblekit,Acornkit,Silverkit, Jaykit,Adderkit and Applekit suckled on Leafheart.Logkit tried to get to his mother but Silverkit and Pebblekit pushed her away.Ivyleaf watched on anxiously."If Logkit doesn't get nutrients...,"Berrypaw froze.

  Finchpaw walked inside."Is she going to make it?"He asked,his brown fur with white flecks on it sparkling in the weak leaf-bare sun."We have to do something!"Kitestar cried,carefully moving Acornkit.Logkit scrambled and took position.

  Cricketsun and Rabbitfang walked inside the den. Leafheart nuzzled Cricketsun,comforted by her littermate's presence."You did well,Kitekit,"Rabbitfang said,nuzzling the StoneClan leader.

  Finchpaw and Spottedpelt walked out of the nursery. "Have you seen Tigerpaw?"Gourgewhisker asked,running over to them."No,"Finchpaw said"I've got to go,bye!".

  Gourgewhisker and Spottedpelt wandered to The Bramble Bush,where Tigerpaw last was."Tigerpaw?" Spottedpelt cried.Finchpaw ran up to them."Leafheart wants you,Spottedpelt," He said.Both toms left Gourgewhisker.

  The young she-cat turned around.The wind had blown Finchpaw over.Gourgewhisker walked up to him and helped him up.
*****
  Spottedpelt sat by his mother."Spottedpelt,you...can't have kits,"Leafheart told him.
"W-why?"He asked.
"Y-you can't.You just can't,"The Queen told him.

  Spottedpelt stood up and left the nursery.
*****
  Robinfur watched her three kits suckle on Pattie.They were so cute.Just like their father,Jaypaw.

  Robinfur left them.She would come back with another apprentice,she thought,passing the mutilated body of Tigerpaw.
*****
  Gourgewhisker and Onefang comforted Briarpaw."What if Tigerpaw's dead!?"The young she-cat sobbed.
"I'm sure he's just fine,"Onefang told his Apprentice. Spottedpelt watched in sadness.

  Kitestar walked over to Spottedpelt."Leafheart is...dead." The StoneClan leader told his son."What!?"Spottedpelt cried.