Part 2 - The Midst of an Argument

The sound of something clicking, perhaps unlocking, woke her. She had no idea what it was. Working to swivel around to see from where the clicking came, she tried to use her hands but they wouldn't cooperate. They felt numb.

Someone opened the door to this dark room, or cell, whatever it was...

She tried to find her voice as beams from a torchlight appeared in the room followed by another...

"What are you doing?" a deep voice asked.

A lighter voice, rather raspy, which could be a woman's or a man's, replied, "We have to move her!"

"Why? —Aren't you from the Com Center?"

"I'm a guard, and yes, I've come from there. They discovered that the whole system's been hacked, all of the computers here. Whoever did it will know where she is and...

"How could someone do that?" the deep voice interrupted.

"They've got the experts on it to find out but in the meantime, I've been ordered to take her up top. She has to be moved..."

"No! She has to be left in here, in the dark, tied up for twenty-four hours and that's another eight hours away."

"He could be on his way here already."

"Who?"

"You know who."

"Who ordered you to move her?"

"The big boss."

"What? You don't mean, our chief —his father?"

"Yep, that's who told me; his right-hand man said it came from the chief. A helicopter has been sent to fetch her and relocate her."

"Right, so we take her up top?"

"Yes."

"Who are you? Please help me. I can't feel my limbs. I'm numb," the prisoner begged, closing her eyes as the two torch lights were pointed at her face.

"Shall we carry her up as she is?" the deep voice asked.

"No. If she can't feel her limbs, we should untie her first. It's been too long and this isn't meant to permanently harm her..." the owner of the voice stepped over to her, crouching. In the torchlight of the other, the form of a woman guard discernible to the prisoner.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" she asked.

"You really don't know?"

"No. My mind is blank. I can't remember anything..."

"You need to tell the Chief that, Jerry," the guard said as she tried to undo the knots of the ropes. "Have you got a knife of some kind? Someone tied these way too tight."

Opening a Swiss army knife and flicking the blade out, Jerry passed it by the handle, saying, "While you cut her free and bring her along the corridor, I'm going to my superior to find out why this is being done." He stalked off.

The guard pulled her to sit, saying, "Stay still while I cut these ropes. They're so tight, I'll have to take care. She put the torch on the floor pointing it at them, warning, "Don't try to escape from me, girl, or I'll have to hurt you."

"I'm already hurting. My limbs are numb and I have no idea about anything. I don't know my name, I don't know where I came from or what is really happening."

"Just shut up, stop whining so much and let me free you."

"Can I at least have your name, please?"