one - coffee run

I dropped the last box of my belongings off at the post office and walked back to Jake's car. Sliding into the passengers seat, I gazed over at his face. He's my muse, the subject of my paintings recently. I love how well the oil paint captures his coppery bronze complexion, shading the coutures of his angular bone structure perfectly. After painting and drawing him hundreds of times, I still can't mimic the moment when his eyes light up and the yellow color morphs into a buttery amber.

Sighing happily, I reach over and  intertwine our hands, giving his a gentle squeeze. Jake turns toward me with a smile, pecking me lightly on the cheek before reversing and speeding to my empty home.

"I'm gonna miss this. These car rides with you" I said with a wistful frown.

"That's all your gonna miss about me, princess?" Jakes says teasing me. "What about my kisses? The morning sex and pancakes? My dick?"

"Shut up! You know I'll miss everything about you. Will you miss me at all?" I say turning towards him. Jake is a Beta, a real free spirit who loves fast and hard. He'll have no problem finding a new partner once I leave. I just hope he waits a decent amount of time, give our relationship a mourning period before moving on.

"I'll miss you with everything I have, Gray. You'll probably find your mate as soon as you go to Canada" I blushed at this and looked out my window, seeing we've arrived home.

Jake isn't my mate and I know relationships between people who aren't mates is a waste of time. But no one in this town is my mate so I don't see the harm in passing the time with Jake, we both know it's temporary until one of us finds our mate. It's not like we're in love or anything like that.

I walk past the SOLD sign in the front yard and enter my house for the last time. It's my childhood home and I bought it from my parents. It was too hard for them to continue living here after Malia but I couldn't watch them throw those memories away. I bought the house to preserve her in my mind for as long as possible. Jake comes up behind me standing in the open doorway and wraps his arms around me, his chin resting on my head.

"It's so weird seeing the house empty. Walls barren and no furniture at all" I say twisting behind me to plant a kiss on Jake's chin, its all I can reach.

He smiles down at and squeezed my thighs, signaling for me to jump. I cling to him with my legs going around his waist and let out a girly squeal when he smacks my ass. We kiss and it's nothing special, lately I haven't been feeling anything when Jake and I make out. I can't remember the last time I had an orgasm when we have sex. There's no use in telling Jake because we're breaking up when I leave, I don't want to ruin his vision of us. It's shitty to use my moving as an excuse to leave a relationship without passion but I can't find it in my heart to tell him.

Jake puts me down and goes back to the car, allowing me to say goodbye to my home in peace. I tread my fingers lightly over the height marks carved into the kitchen wall of my sister and I when we were kids. My heart tightens painfully at the thought of my sister Malia, may God rest her soul.

Letting out a shaky exhale, I climb the stairs to my room. Even when I bought the house from my parents I stayed in my room instead of the master bedroom because my parents had sex in there. It doesn't matter that I got a new bed, those walls have seen things I don't wanna know about.

My room is completely empty but I close my eyes and inhale it's comforting familiar smell. Being an Omega, I feel connections and sentiments deeper than other wolves. That's what makes goodbyes so painful for me. A tear slips down my face and I wipe it away with a humorless chuckle. I'm moving on to better things I shouldn't be this sad but I am. I pull the door shut on the room that was a safe space my whole life, effectively closing the door to my childhood. Deciding its time to stop being so dramatic, I leave the house and lock the door behind me.