two - fresh start

I wake up to the sound of the shower running. Groaning, I rub my eyes and reach out to Jake's side of the bed only to find it empty. I get out of bed, putting on my glasses and pull on some sweats. Jake walked out of the shower dripping wet with his towel hung low on his hips. He looks at me with playful eyes, but I'm completely unaffected by his body. I roll my eyes and push past him into the bathroom. I used my sleeve to wipe the mirror clean from shower steam and see Jake frowning at me over my shoulder. I don't care if he feels rejected, I can't bring myself to care about our relationship anymore. I'm excited to get on that plane so I can leave Jake in my past.

"Baby your flight is in two hours, we should leave soon. I'll make breakfast " Jake said, pulling on a shirt and some shorts.

"I'm not eating breakfast. Gonna spend the rest of my time with Aaron, he can drive me to the airport" I said. I fold my clothes from last night neatly into my suitcase and zip it up. Grabbing my backpack, I put it and my suitcase by the door and turn around to face Jake. "This is when we say goodbye"

"Grayson why are you rushing out? I know we have to break up but it doesn't have to be like this" Jake says walking towards me and attempting to wrap his arms around me. I dodged his hug and stood behind him with my arms crossed against my chest.

"Jake you know how hard goodbyes are for me, being an Omega and all. Its easier for me to leave like this. I don't want to walk outta here crying. I want to leave without loose ends, I don't want to be emotional about this. Jake I'll miss you and I hope you take care of yourself. I wish the best for you and that you find your mate soon! I'll text you when I land" I say to Jake before putting on my backpack and wheeling my suitcase out the door.

I didn't even have to text Aaron to pick me up, he was already here with Kyle in his passenger seat. I wave at them and Kyle gets out to throw my suitcase in the trunk. Opening the door, I slid into the backseat.

"How was Jake, did he cry?" Aaron asks starting the car. I scoff and met Aaron's eyes in the rearview mirror

"No but he wanted to fuck me one last time" I said. Aaron and Kyle laughed at that. Kyle has his hand on Aaron's thigh and I smiled at their cuteness.

"Look in the bag next to you" Aaron said turning around to look at me with a cheeky smile. I do as I'm told and open up the brown paper bag on the seat next to me. Inside there's a big bottle of hennessy. I laugh loudly and take the bottle out of its bag. "I figured you'd wanna get fucked up and celebrate leaving Jake's dusty ass!"

"Aaron your mind is too powerful I swear!" I said. I flick the cap off the bottle easily in one motion. The cap goes flying right out of the window next to me, shattering the glass. There's a moment of silence then Aaron laughs so hard he swerves and almost wreaks the car. He parks the car on the shoulder of the road and doubles over laughing. Kyle and I make eye contact and burst out in laughter together. All of us are screeching and cold air is blowing in from the broken window. Once we calmed down a little, I brush some glass off myself.

"I'm so sorry Aaron oh my god this is so bad" I said, trying to sweep the glass off the seat with my hoodie sleeve covering my hand.

"Gray its fine! Stop cleaning and start drinking! That is an order" Aaron said pushing the open bottle into my lap. Sighing, I bring the drink to my lips and swallow a giant gulp. My eyes glaze over as the hard liquor travels down my throat, entering my bloodstream. I lean back into my seat and close my eyes, taking another swig.

Aaron starts driving again for the airport, him and Kyle singing with the radio. I'm in my own world, completely disconnected from everything except the bottle my hand is clutching. My mind wanders to Jake, the look on his face when I left without giving him a hug or a kiss. I wonder what he thought of my little goodbye speech. Hopefully he doesn't try to contact me, I certainly don't wanna reconnect with him.