Rules and Guidelines

If you're interested in joining the awards, please read the following section carefully. It should go without saying that they're kind of important. There are quite a few, and it's with the goal of avoiding constant re-explaining.

> You must be following this account to enter. As the host of this event, this shouldn't be questionable and will guarantee that you receive all updates.

> Only one submission per author. No exceptions.

> Add this book to your library so that you receive notifications when it's updated – this will be important as well.

> LGBT+ books are accepted; however, stories with sexual content may be rejected. This is so minors are not subject to this content.

> All passwords must be included in your entry forms. Do not comment them on any other chapter other than including them with your form. No one will be holding your hand to remind you to do so.

> You must respect all judges and participants at all times. If you find this rule hard to follow, you may find yourself disqualified from the awards.

> Trying to bribe judges or make friends with them for the sole purpose of getting farther in the awards processing will get you blacklisted and disqualified immediately.

> Only stories written by the person submitting them will be accepted. You are not allowed to submit someone else's story.

> The next password is Buckbeak. This will be changed every few days and must be included in your application.

> Following the judges will be added to the rules once there are judges to follow.

> Only books written in English will be accepted. Due to the system of judging, no other languages can or will be accepted.

> The same story cannot be entered twice, even if it's to different categories.

> Stories must be below 20k reads at the time of entry. Because one purpose of the awards is to help undiscovered writers, that's the goal.

> Once a genre category is full, no entries for it will be accepted. There are no exceptions to this rule.

> Each story being entered must have at least 3 chapters completed at the time of entry.

> The next password is Tail. This will be changed every few days and must be included in your application.

> Unless your story is ongoing, it needs to have more than 10 chapters. The only exception is poetry or short stories.

> The tag #BlitheAwards2019 needs to be added to your story's tags! This allows for the entries to show up with a search and enables us one easier way to find stories.

> All changes in story title, genre, or unpublishing of stories needs to be reported to this account.

> The calendar of events for these awards will be posted, so have patience! Judging will not begin sooner than the date given, nor will the winners be announced any sooner.

> Only genres or categories that are posted will be accepted. These will be listed.

> Short stories have a word limit of 20k words. Don't push at this rule – they will be counted when judging commences.

> Only entry forms that are filled out in their entirety, contain all passwords, and are posted in the correct place will be accepted. There will be no reminders of this rule.

> Judges are allowed to enter their story. It should be a given that they will not be judging their own stories.

> A maximum of 20 entries per category will be accepted, and each story should be submitted for the appropriate one.

> The final password is Yellow. This will be changed every few days and must be included in your application.

> If it is felt that you are not showing appropriate behavior at any time throughout this awards competition, your story will be removed completed. You will be messaged if this occurs.

> The most important rule is to have fun. Find some new stories to read, make some friends, and have a positive attitude.