Prospective Judges

This section will explain everything you need to know if you're interested in judging for the Blithe Awards. All rules at the beginning of this book will still apply to you. There will also be a few more rules added in, so pay attention!

So, you want to be a judge?

If you're interested in being a judge, this is the basic information you need to know. Each will be talked about in the rest of this chapter.

- Judge / Participant Interaction

- Communication and Timelines

- Additional Rules

If you are a judge, you must act professionally throughout the course of this competition. This means that you should not be rude or bully others in private messages, on message boards, on community forums, or any other place that you may communicate with other users.

When interacting with participants, you should be wary of those who may be trying to gain favor with you. If this happens or if a participant tries to bribe you with anything (even if it's been stated that story assignments will be random), please let me know! This is unacceptable in this competition.

You're also not to tell participants their numerical score, placement within the awards, or if you are their judge. If it's reported that you do any of these, you will be let go from judging immediately. The next password for judges is Strawberry. This will be changed every few days and must be included in your application.

Since the calendar has been posted, you already know the guidelines. The means of communication between myself and all the judges will be determined later. If you fail to make contact within 48 hours of receiving a status update request from this account without first notifying me, you will no longer be a judge of these awards.

Additional Rules

! Read the first 5 chapters of each story you receive. Unless it's a short story, then read it all. If it's a poetry submission, read the first 8 poems posted.

! You may receive any genre of story, and you can't request specific stories or for your list to be changed. No stories will be "adult" romance, so there will not be a problem there.

! Do not leave judging comments on the story you're assigned or send it to the author. This information is to be kept private until participants receive their reviews.

! You must be willing to read and have rubrics completed by the dates given on the calendar THIS IS A MUST! If you fail to without first notifying us, you will no longer be allowed to judge. If something comes up, let us know so that your stories can be assigned to someone else!

! The next password for judges is Starlight. This will be changed every few days and must be included in your application.

! All passwords from the beginning of the book to now must be posted with your form.

! If you get to the end of a round of judging and no longer wish to continue, please be honest.

Please note that: All judges are required to have been on Wattpad for at least a year. This does not necessarily mean you need experience judging; however, it's preferred.

Rubrics will be provided in a later chapter to determine how you will be judging the stories you read. This will have a place to leave comments that will go towards the reviews all participants will receive – please actually read the story so that you have something decent to say about each part.

There will be a list of "alternate judges" who are those that are willing to step in if a judge fails to complete their rubrics, drops from judging, or is forced to step down. If you'd be willing to be at this status, there's a space on the form.

Honestly, if you can't commit then don't. Don't overfill your plate or sign up for this if you can't dedicate the time to finish what you need to or watch this awards competition succeed.

If you have any questions, please leave a message or comment at any time. Thank you!