Deviant's Soapbox #1

Between Chapter 3 and 4

Hey there! My name is Deviant Tales and I am the writer of SAO:E and all of the other stories you find on my page. This is a new format I am doing called Deviant's Soapbox where I get to talk to all of you wonderful readers who have decided to click on my story. Here, we talk about anything even if it isn't story related! Feel free to skip over these bits if you want, but implore you to stay and just talk with me for a bit!
So, about SAO:E, I don't know if it was obvious by the way I am writing the story but I really don't like the OG SAO. I thought the characters were underdeveloped and it's themes lacked direction. So I decided "Hey why not give my own spin on it!" I am actually quite fond of the first arc of SAO but I knew I wouldn't want to do it like everyone else has on Wattpad. Rather than having a self-insert character and starting from the beginning of SAO I decided it would be a lot more fun and fresh to have characters who were fun to follow and slightly realistic and I jumped a few months into when SAO was already in effect.
Teal is so interesting to write, I haven't written a character who was so cowardly before. I also think there are different types of cowardice don't you? For instance, I am completely fine if people run away from something scary, because that's human, but to run away when others need your help is something I see as almost villainous. Hopefully, this aspect in Teal hasn't annoyed you and has, instead, pulled you into seeing his character develop!
Magenta is also fun to write because she is so forward and confident in her abilities. She is actually inspired off of someone I know in real life who acts somewhat similar, well actually worse, but I am still having fun writing her!
Right now, I am setting up the characters for their more intense arcs which is why you won't see much change in them for now, but I promise these characters will be struggling soon! Bonds of friendship tested and lots of internal struggles for both characters. Anyways, thanks for reading my story! I am truly humbled by anyone who takes the time to read what I have written down.

Keep on Reading,
Deviant Tales