Ch.64 Family truth

(Flashback) The Infinite Maze sure was a place to get lost in. And Delilah was already starting to regret entering it in the first place. But just when she thought all hope was lost for her, she suddenly spotted a rustic sign that read 'Tea Party' in the form of an arrow.

"At least that's specific" she muttered as she followed the sign.

She then came upon a white rustic door that was in the bush wall as she opened it and found herself at a tea party. But this place wasn't abandoned, she was surprised to see the Wonderlandians at the table and enjoying themselves.

"Delilah?" Alistair gasped when he looked up from his tea "What are you doing here?"

"How did you even get in here?" Bunny remarked surprised.

"I uh- I found a shrinking potion" she answered.

"Well, you shouldn't be in here," Lizzie declared, "You'd be lost forever if you hadn't found us. Luckily, we know our way around here, we'll get you out of here soon."

"Thanks but-" she began when she suddenly spotted something that caught her eye.

Hanging off the neck of a teapot was a familiar pendant. As she looked closer, Delilah realized that it was her mother's pendant as she picked it up.

"Where did you guys get this?" she demanded.

"Why do you ask?" Kitty replied.

"It's my mother's."

At that point, everyone felt their eyes widen as they took glances at each other.

"Oh, you're that Delilah" Maddie pointed surprised, "You're Barbara's daughter?"

"You know my mother?" Delilah remarked.

"Oh, yes. We all do."

"Do you know where I could find her?" Delilah asked with a frown "I have some questions, starting with why she never came back."

"Oh," Kitty bit her lip "That."

"What?"

The girls turned to Alistair who began to explain.

"Years ago," he began, "We were having a tea party at the Queen of Hearts castle, and then the Jabberwock attacked us. Your mother fought valiantly. And in the end, we were able to scare it off. But, we were the only ones who survived."

"My mother is dead?" Delilah mumbled.

"We're sorry" Bunny mumbled back.

"You don't have to be sorry," Delilah replied, still frowning "That woman left her family for a tea party. She doesn't deserve any tears."

"You think that's why she came into the Infinite Maze?" Lizzie remarked with doubt.

"Why else would she?"

"Tell me, Delilah" Kitty spoke, "Do you remember your father having a strange mark on his wrist? A mark that looked like a swirl."

"Yes. It disappeared after his pendant stopped glowing. What was it?"

"It's part of the Curse of the Poisoned Heart" she explained with a frown "It appeared when you're touched by the one you can't be with."

"But-" Delilah replied, "If my father had the same mark..."

They all gave her the look that answered her question.

"My mother's heart was poisoned" she gasped while looking down at the pendant as she felt her eyes watering "She never stopped loving us. She left to protect us."

"Trust me," Maddie said while forcing a small smile on her face "If your touch could kill the one you love, you'd want to be lost, too."

Now feeling the rest of her tears pouring out, Delilah clenched onto the pendant as she held it to her heart, finally knowing the truth of her mother as Maddie got up and went up to her into a hug as everyone else got up and surrounded her to comfort her.

Just then, everyone heard footsteps in their direction as they turned to see Danny appearing at the scene.

"Delilah" he gasped when she turned to him with her wet eyes and red nose "What happened?"

"We uh-" Alistair began in a mumble, "We told her what happened with her mother."

"You know about the Curse of the Poisoned Heart, right?" Bunny asked him.

"Yeah," he nodded when he realized the truth as he gave a small gasp.

"Her heart was poisoned" Delilah sniffed, "She left to protect us."

"Oh, Delilah" he breathed sadly, "I'm so sorry."

She wiped away her tears when she added- "At least now I know the truth."

By the time it had gotten dark, Brooke was sitting on a bench in front of the bar as she stared down at her phone with the screen showing Aaron's number. She had no idea how long she's been staring at his number debating whether to call him or not.

"You gonna call him or what?" she turned to see Gabi who had sat down next to her.

"Oh, um-" Brooke mumbled while putting her phone away "I don't know. He's probably busy."

"What were you gonna call him about?"

"It's nothing."

"Oh really?" Gabi doubted with a smirk "Does this have something to do with a former stoner turned lawyer who is suddenly back in Aaron's life?"

"No," she crossed her arms.

"Brooke, I know what you're thinking. But trust me, Aaron doesn't feel the same way about Nora like he did back then. I know he likes you and I know how much you like him back."

"Yeah but-"

"Hey girls," she was suddenly cut in by Nora's voice as they turned to see her appearing with Aaron by her side.

"Hi, Nora" Gabi greeted, "How was it?"

"It was fine," Aaron replied when he turned to Brooke who avoided eye contact.

"I should get going" she suddenly spoke as she got up from the bench "Goodnight everyone."

As she headed off, Aaron couldn't stand watching her go off like that. He knew she was trying to hide her jealousy, just like how he was trying to hide the truth about the curse.

(Flashback) Back outside the little house, Brooke waited anxiously for them to come back as she walked back and forth across the front yard.

"Where are you guys?" she breathed nervously when she came to a stop to calm herself "I'm sure they're fine. They gotta be."

But when she tried to move, she suddenly felt a force take over her as she felt her body stiffing up. She tried to move her body, but whatever magic had been placed on her was keeping her from moving.

"I must say," a familiar voice sneered as she looked up to see Shawn walking towards her "Danny's on to something with this freezing spell."

"Shawn," she gritted her teeth "What are you doing in Wonderland?"

"Because, Ms. Page," he smirked while stepping towards her so that they were inches apart "You should know that just like Neverland, Wonderland also has so many different poisons to choose from. My favorite? The one that can poison hearts- specifically yours."