6. Fall Away

Recap: Maybe it was the way her light green eyes widened and brightened. Or perhaps it was the slight parting of her lips or the blush in her cheeks, but he thought, this will work. "But Sydney Wilson?" Niall's voice sounded huskier than before.

"Yes?"

"You must promise me something."

She hesitated, and a twinge of fear blossomed inside him, but he ignored it. He missed it because he could. He ignored it because it was a selfish thing to demand. She nodded slowly.

"Whatever you did, what hurt me so badly...? Don't hurt me like that again."

Her bottom lip quivered, and Sydney leaned up and kissed the corner of his mouth and mumbled a soft "I promise."

-two months later-

The two boys scrambled on the floor together, giggling as they took turns pinning one another on the floor.

"Come on Payne, give."

Liam let out a sputtered "never" and efficiently and quickly switched the game. Liam laughed at Niall's red and frustrated face. "What's the matter Ni? Can't handle the bottom?"

Niall's face surprisingly went a deeper shade of red. And just like that, with one quick flip, Niall was hovering over Liam. His legs on either side of Liam, both his hands in Niall's tight grip.

Gritting his teeth, Liam looked up at Niall's smug smirk. Niall leaned down and whispered in Liam's ear, "At least I don't love it."

Liam let out a gasp as he felt Niall's other hand slid down his stomach. His hand squeezed, and Liam let out a moan.

Dear God, save me...he thought to himself.

Niall chuckled, and he looked into Liam's eyes, their breaths mingling, and a whispered "I love you" rang in his ears just before their lips were about to close the space between them-

"Liam, we're ready for you."

Liam snapped his attention to the nurse. He couldn't believe himself. He was supposed to be forgetting Niall, not dreaming about him. Not fantasizing about him every minute of his waking moment. To ignore the idea of there ever being something more between Niall and him.

There was definitely a Niall and Sydney. That was all but certain. Liam tried to stop thinking about Niall. He really did. He tried so hard. Sometimes, Liam did okay with forgetting. Sometimes he could forget how much his heart ached for Niall because even though it hurt Liam to see Sydney and Niall every time they hung out, it couldn't compare to how happy Niall was. At least, that was what Liam told himself.

So, as Liam sat there in that chair, bundled in clothes because he couldn't handle the cold anymore, he closed his eyes and thought about the Sons of the Deviated. Because it was The Sons Of the Deviated that got him through.

He put his earphones in, and he hummed the words to the first song that played, and they helped him relax.

Maybe it wasn't so far gone,

but it's already late.

Autumn falls upon our grounds,

and we no longer wake

to the early mornings

like the love we had

Broken down, but still willing