Reconnect

Disclaimer: I do not own anything Marvel or anything I borrowed from other media.

Spiderman & Shadowcat: You're never alone

Reconnect

*Spidey's Usual Spot*

It seems like a regular day as Spiderman was sitting at his usual spot by his gargoyle statue pretending that the figure is listening to his problems. He has dealt with so much lately that it is starting to cloud his judgment about his self. As he stands by the statue, Peter takes his mask off and tries to hold back the tears that he wants to release due to all the stress that he has been dealing with through the past years.

Spiderman with hurt in his voice said to his self, "I don't know if I can deal with any more pain and suffering. I receive great power but have not lived up to the responsibility of that power, so because of that, I lost my Uncle, Ben over something I could have prevented. Then there's the pain that I felt when I lost my first love, Gwen Stacey if I just would have been faster with catching her she might have been alive right now. Now recently Mary Jane and I broke up all because of that stupid fight about me not giving up being Spider-man, and at this point, it would have been our second time that we have broken up in a long time."

He continues saying, "It's like since I became Spider-man either someone close to me gets hurt, suffers, or doesn't want me in their life anymore. As much as I would want to stop being the hero and live a normal life, I couldn't live with the fact that people could die when I could have saved them especially disappointing Uncle, Ben for running from my responsibility and not fighting for the honor of Gwen."

As Peter gets up to put his mask back on he came down with a conclusion, "I hate being a loner and it would be nice have that special someone to in my life but yet I feel like there's no point in trying and maybe it's best to not rely on someone. Aunt May could help but me moving into my place would defeat the purpose of not loading her with my issues. Man forget it I'm just going to be to myself as Peter Parker and as Spiderman the lone hero."

With that, Peter headed home to get some rest and try to clear his head, which he knew that wouldn't help much.

*Elsewhere at Aunt May house*

*Knock Knock*

Aunt May open the door to see a familiar face in front of her, "Katherine, it's been too long. It's great to see you again and mine you have grown since the last time I saw you."

Katherine Anne Pryde aka Kitty with a warm smile on her face greeted her back, "Hello Aunt May, and it's great to see you again. Did I come at a bad time?"

Aunt May replied, "Oh no you are welcome to come in *lets Kitty in*. By the way, Peter is not here for he moved into his own place a few months ago thanks to his boss J.J for helping him find a place for him.

The news Kitty surprises and impress by this new. She hasn't kept up with Peter for she has been doing her own thing as of late. She responds saying, "That is certainly great news. Well, I happened to be in town and wanted to visit you guys and are you for real, but I'm shocked that old J.J would even offer him a place and man it's been a while since I talked to Peter. I'm sure he and MJ are enjoying the place together hehe."

Aunt May with a soft *sigh* and tells Kitty, "Actually dear they broke up recently, and I feel Peter hasn't been the same since."

Kitty was more shock hearing that, she knew that her and Peter's relationship didn't work because Peter still had strong feelings for m.j and wanted her back. Though his decision hurt her, she was pleased that he was happy. Now hearing that the two split again, Kitty knew deep down she wants to see how he's feeling and hope that this is not affecting him as Spiderman for she still cares for him. She calmly replied, "Oh gosh, I have been out of the loop lately. I would like to see how he's doing, would you happen to know his new address?