Part 23

Akoni walked through the door and noticed Bull at the bar.  Bull swirled the fresh poured Hennessey in his glass before gulping it down.  He inhaled off of a cigar and set in the ashtray.  

"What's going on nephew?"  He acknowledged Akoni without turning around.

Akoni pulled a stool next to his uncle and motioned for Peaches.

"What you sippin' on today Koni?"  Peaches smiled.

"Give me some of that Henny Unc sipping on."  Akoni reached in a bowl and grabbed a couple of peanuts.

"I don't sip blood."  Bull grinned inhaling off the cigar.

"Oh, that's right.  You gulp your shit."  Akoni laughed.  "Peaches, can you give me a glass of Coke too?"  Akoni popped a couple of peanuts in his mouth.

"What you need a chaser? Pussy ass nigga."  Bull smirked.

"Unc, I cain't go that hard.  It's still daylight."  Akoni looked over at his uncle and smiled.

"Like I said, pussy ass nigga."  Bull looked at his nephew grinning from ear to ear.

The two men laughed.

"You got anything to do with that lawyer getting killed?"  Bull looked over at Akoni.  His smile had dissipated and his eyebrows deeply furrowed.  Akoni shook his head and glanced at his uncle.

"Unc, on some real shit.  I was hired to kill him.  I wanted to kill that nigga but somebody beat me to it."  Akoni reached in the bowl for more peanuts.

"Sounds like you had another reason to kill him to me."  Bull never waivered his eyes from Akoni.

"What you mean by that?"  Akoni looked up at the television over the bar.

"When you're hired to kill somebody, it's a job.  A job has issues.  You more cautious because anything could happen no matter how much you plan.  But when you want to kill a mutha fucka, you ain't worried about how it's gonna go down, you just want the muthafucka dead.  And you sure as fuck gonna be jealous if somebody gets to em' before you do."  Bull watched Peaches pour him another drink.

"I ain't like the nigga.  I saw some foul shit he did and heard some shit about him.  So yea, I wanted to kill him...For free."  Akoni glared at Bull.

"Do any of this got anything to do with Eva daughter?  I know yall had a thing back in the day."  Bull glared back at Akoni.

"Unc, the nigga was some shit.  I admit, I still care about Natalie but even if he treated another woman the way he treated her, I'd still want to kill his ass."  Akoni looked out the window at the truck and saw St. James leaning over in a car full of women.

"No, you wouldn't.  You ain't that dumb to go to jail for a stranger.  But for that beautiful woman, I believe you'll go to the ends of the earth for.  Are you still hitting the pussy?"  Bull pulled off the cigar.

"No.  It's nothing like that Unc.  I just care about her."  Akoni sipped on his drink.

"She a bad bitch.  You ain't even hitting the pussy and you still wanna kill for her.  Shit, let me get some of that."  Bull smirked.

"Man you sick as fuck."  Akoni grinned.

"Akoni...All pussy ain't good pussy.  You gotta watch it with some of these women."  Bull gulped his drink.

"Natalie ain't like that Unc.  She's different.  She always has been."  Akoni became agitated.

"That's what you say", Bull glared at Akoni.

"You don't know anything about her Unc.  Don't make her out to be like one of them hoes you got stomping around the corner."  Akoni turned around on the stool and faced Bull.

"Wait a minute nephew.  Put ya' chest back down and hear me out.  When your father, my brother got killed in that car accident, I promised yo' mother that I was gonna look after you.  I'm trying to school you on some real shit.  Remember when I told you about messin' with that girl Kecia."  Bull watched as Akoni shook his head yes.

"What I say?  Didn't I say I don't trust that girl?"  Akoni shook his head yes again.  "And what did she do, she got you locked up because she was jealous of Natalie."  Bull pulled off of his cigar again.

"Now, you see Reggie's daughter.  You got her brother slinging yo' shit out here on these corners.  If you get too close to Natalie, Rasheeda might get jealous too.  The fucked up thing about that is that you got her brother in the shit.  When the chips fall down, how loyal do you think he gonna be to you?  You think he choosing you over his sister?"  Bull searched Akoni's face.  He wanted to see if he absorbed his words.

"What can I do Unc?  I love Rasheeda but I care about Natalie.  Somebody had it out for that muthafucka other than me.  I worry about her and my daughter."  Akoni set down his drink and looked at Bull.

"You gotta decide which one you gonna be down for.  Women don't like to compete for the love of a man.  If you got two women wanting you, you gotta make choice.  These bitches can be treacherous."  Bull placed his hand on Akoni's shoulder.  

"If you gonna be there for Natalie, be there but be prepared for all the BS she about to deal with.  If you ain't kill him and she ain't kill him, somebody did.  You putting yourself in danger trying to protect her.  Is it worth it nephew?"  Bull removed his arm and pulled off his cigar.

"Natalie is worth it Unc."  Akoni smiled.

"Well, I hope you like the smell of poop because the shit about to hit the fan.  I will be there for whatever.  I got ya back.  But you need to see who else ready to stand behind you."  Bull eased off the stool and walked around the bar.

"I got my eyes and ears open.  I ain't no fool Unc."  Akoni watched Bull pull something near the glasses behind the bar.

"I know you ain't blood.  Just keep your wits about you and take this loud ass phone".  Bull tossed the cell phone to Akoni.  "That muthafucka has been beepin' and singin' all fucking day".  Bull walked back around the bar and sat next to Akoni.

Akoni grabbed the vibrating phone and twisted his face.  "Fuck.  I need to leave Unc.  I gotta get home.  Rasheeda blowing up the phone."  Akoni grabbed Bull by his hand and hugged him close.

"I love you Unc," Akoni whispered.

"Love you to nephew.  Let me tell you one more thing before you go.  One of dem' women got to know the truth about the other.  You gotta let one know how you feel about the other or else you gonna get caught up.  Do you hear what I'm saying?  That way you give her a choice to stay or go."   Bull said sternly.

"Oh, shit. What's that a player move?"  Akoni looked back and smiled at his uncle as he approached the door.

"No nigga.  That's a pimp move.  Learn the game nephew.  Learn the game."  Bull gulped his drink and watched Akoni leave out the door.