[7]

Auroras POV

Jasper and I sit in the back set of the car while Edward drives my sister and I home. My eyelids are growing heavy because it's been a long day, it's difficult to keep them open. Just as I'm about to fall asleep on the window, the car turns and pulls to a stop. I open my eyes and see we're at the police station and the lights on a few cars are flashing. Bella and Edward start to get out so I follow, not really knowing what's happening. Just as I step out I feel jasper grab my hand and help me. We walk over to Edward and Bella who have stopped, and are talking to someone else. I walk over to Bella and grab her hand with my free hand, seeing as jasper hasn't let my other hand go. Its Doctor Cullen the two are talking to. "Waylon Forges' body has been found in a boat at port angles, they're examining it now." Doctor Cullen tells us, "He died?!" Bella says. She says a few more things that I ignore before Doctor Cullen tells us our dad is inside, and that Waylon was his friend. We both nod and start to head inside before Bella stops, "I'll see you tomorrow?" She asks Edward, who nods. I look at jasper and nod my head. "Thanks" I whisper, too tired to find any energy except to make it home to my bed. We walk into the station and find dad sitting at his desk with his head in his hands, we walk up behind him and give him a hug. "Dad, I'm really sorry" Bella says, pulling away. I place my hand on his shoulder before putting my head on top of it, "Don't worry, we're gonna- we're gonna find this thing. In the mean time, I want you two to carry these with you." Dad says, passing me and Bella a pepper spray can each. I take mine without hesitation, while Bella looks at dad skeptically, "Dad, I kno- I don't wanna-" She begins but gets cut off, "it'll give your old man a peace of mind" He says, still holding it to her. She reluctantly takes it before dad speaks up again, "Let's go home" I nod my head in agreement before standing up with him and Bella and walk out to the car together. As we walk past the ambulance Bella freezes up and looks up in the open, "Bella?" I ask, standing in front of her, she quickly blinks and looks at me, "Are you Alright?" I ask her, "Yea, Yea I'm fine I just thought of something" she says, looking back down at the ground before following after dad. I frown before running after them.

—-

As Bella and I are standing outside of the school on the field next to the forest, Bella looks out in the open looking for someone specifically. "Who are you looking for Bella?" I ask her, rubbing my hands together for warmth. My shoes are already muddy from standing out here,

 My shoes are already muddy from standing out here,

"N-no one Rory. Go inside you'll get cold, I-I'll meet you at the truck after school." She says to me. I nod my head, wondering why she acting so weird. I head in to the library, seeing it's lunch and no classes are on.

~~~~

"Does Aurora know?" Edward asks Bella, after she had told him that she knew he was a vampire. "N-no, I didn't tell her. I don't want her to be scared" Bella says. "Good, because it'll be dangerous if she knew" he replies, looking back up at the sky as they lay on the grass together.

~~~~

I've been sitting on Bella's truck for a while now, half of the cars in the car park have gone already. The rain keeps hitting my face as I pull my hood up, attempting to keep myself warm. Suddenly hear footsteps coming near me and I look up, seeing Jasper walking towards me. "Where's Bella?" He asks as he stands in front of me, "I'm not sure" I say with a shrug, "I'm guessing she was looking for Edward when I last seen her, she still hasn't come back yet" I tell him. He looks back over at Alice and the rest of them, who he was with before and who are staring at us. Alice nods her head and jasper turns back to me, "Come on" He tells me, lifting me off the truck as though I weigh nothing. "I'll give you a lift home" He puts me down as I nod my head fast and wrap my arms around myself, feeling extremely cold. We walk over to the rest of the cullens, who are looking at us. "Hey Rory, how are ya?" Rose asks, "I-I'm good, just a little cold. You?" I ask her, "I'm fine, thank you" she tells me with a sweet smile. Alice, Rose, Emmet, and Dean get into Emmets car while Jasper and I get into Rose's. Rose chucks her keys to Jasper who catches them with ease. "A single scratch on that car and I'm beating you senseless when I see you again." She warns him. I laugh a little before sliding into the car, closing the door and doing my set belt up. Jasper gets in after me and starts the car, pulling out of the car park. "Do you want to go get something to eat? you didn't eat much at lunch." He asks, looking over at me. I shiver before pulling my jacket closer to me, looking over at him. "It's because I have no money like every other teenager." I say with a little laugh. A smirk appears on his face before he leans forward and turns the heater on, warming me up instantly. "T-thanks, and if you want to." I tell him, answering his question. He nods his head before turning down a different street. We pull into a tiny café and hop out of the car. We walk inside, jasper holding the door open for me. We sit down and order our stuff, well. I order cheese rolls and a hot chocolate but jasper gets nothing, saying he's had a pretty big lunch. I watch as my plate and drink gets placed down in front of me, my stomach rumbles just looking at it. "Thanks" I say to the waiter, who smiles and walks away. "Do you know why your sister was looking Edward?" Jasper asks me. I look up from my food before shaking me head, "No, but she was acting weird. L-like she was nervous or something" I tell him, slowly putting my third cheese roll down, He nods his head in deep thought, placing his hands on the table and fiddling with them. I look down to see I have eaten all my cheese rolls, so I grab my hot chocolate that has now cooled and start drinking with two hands, sorta like a baby but my hands are cold so this keeps them warm. I gently place the drink on the table, looking at jasper, who was looking at me. "You've got a little..... Like some hot chocolate up here" he says, pointing to his upper lip. I quickly rub the back of my sleeve over my mouth, laughing a little bit. "Sorry" I say, looking back up at him. He smiles before standing up, "Come on, time to get you home" he says, grabbing my hand and leading us out, but not before paying. We get in the car and as he turns it on a wave of heat hits my face. I literally lean into the heat, enjoying it to much. I hear Jaspers laugh as I close my eyes, resting my head in the back of the set. I feel the car start up and speed down the street. A few minutes later and me finding the energy to open my eyes, we arrive at my house. "Thanks Jasper, for the food" I say, unbuckling my set belt and opening the door, "Your welcome Ro, I'll see you tomorrow" he says with a small wave and smile. I wave and smile back, closing the door and going inside. I walk upstairs and past Bella's bedroom, seeing her bedroom door wide open but she's still not in there. I furrow my eyebrows before rolling my eyes and walking upstairs again to my bedroom.

Man, Things are getting weirder with Bella and Edward.