[11]

Auroras POV

Jasper and I had arrived at his house not to long ago. The movies went by gradually slow and by the time we had just finished watching Return Of The Jedi my anxiety had finally hit me. How had I been so cam about the whole situation when it was very clear whatever that blonde guy was, was not human? How had I not freaked out and cried to Jasper after I had woken up? Why wasn't I scared of him? I think my adrenaline finally calmed down and was replaced with the waves of fear. I could've died. Both my sister and I could've died. And here I am, sitting on Jasper couch at his ridiculously expensive house waiting for answers. I'm petrified of what I'm going to be told, I don't even think I want to be told anything. I've been contemplating on running out of the house and as far into the woods as I can, it'll save me from knowing whatever that guy was. From what I've put together he's a vampire. I mean the fangs, the strength and speed, the craving for my warm blood and those terrifyingly red eyes gave it away almost immediately. My blank expression fades as Jasper walks back into the lounge with his family and my sister in tow, their faces which were once grim are masked with a neutral look. Bella sees me and her big brown eyes widened, running towards me immediately, dodging past Jasper and plopping down beside me on my right, saving the left side for Jasper.

"Aurora" Carlisle speaks up first, folding his arms in front of him in a formally matter and standing beside his beautiful wife Esme. Emmett and Rose sit beside Jasper, sending me warm smiles that flatter a little before disappearing completely. Alice and Dean stand across from us, holding each other with nervousness. Why?. Edward is sitting beside Bella, his arm across her shoulder and is giving her gentle squeezes every few seconds. Carlisle sighs and looks down, shuffling his feet a little before looking back up at me. "This might be really difficult to take in, just have an open mind and know that this wont change anything between the relationship you have with this family" he says, getting very formal. I nod a little, leaning back into Jasper and grabbing onto Bella's hand. I'm not excited to hear this news at all, I just really want to go home and sleep my life away. Carlisle looks at Jasper and nods, gently wrapping an arm around Esme's waist. Nervousness flows of me like a stream of water as I turn to jasper, who sits up straight and struggles to form words. "Ro, my family and I, we-we're" he begins but suddenly gets very anxious. "you're what?" I ask quietly, not wanting to push him but really wanting to hear what he has to say. "ah- Ro, you know at your house how you promised you'd have an open mind about things? I want you to keep that promise and listen to us when I tell what we are"

What you are?

I look at him confusion before slowly nodding my head, turning my whole body towards him. "Aurora, we are vampires." He says in complete seriousness. Not a hint of a smile or a smirk on any ones face as I scan the room, and when my eyes fall on Bella she looks at me expectantly, waiting for my reaction. I furrow my eyebrows and look down.

I mean it does clear somethings up.

I hear a snicker behind me and everyone turns to Edward, who's covering his mouth with his hand, a smile on his face. Slowly my mouth turns upwards and I turn back to Jasper. "I-I mean that does clear somethings up" I say exactly what I thought, and everyone bar Edward is shocked with my answer. "So you're not scared?" Rose asks from were she's sitting. I shake my head no as I look at her over jaspers shoulder. "What do you mean that clears something's up?" Carlisle asks. "That guy was a vampire, wasn't he?" I tell them. "But if you are vampires, how come you're eyes are gold and not red like that other guy?" They all look at each other before Emmett shrugs and points to Dean, who rolls his eyes and gently turns to me and smiles. "Our family consider ourselves vegetarians, we only drink from animals. Jasper and I are the newest vegetarians here." He explains, "James on the other hand drinks from humans, which was why his eyes were red" Edward speaks up, reading my mind. "Is it difficult to be around me?" I ask Jasper quietly, looking at him. He shakes his head no before putting his arm around my shoulder. "You have no scent. Which is why James went for you because you were wearing Bella's jersey. Since you have no scent he could only smell Bella on you, if you did have a scent it might've been able to mask Bella's." I lean back into his chest, before looking over at Bella. "Why was James after Bella in the first place" I ask no one in particular. "She was with me when we were playing baseball. Then James and two other vampires showed up and James got track of Bella's scent and it went on from there." Edward tells me, "Wait, Vampires play baseball?" I question. Laughter fills the room and everyone looks at me. I giggle before looking back at them. "What?" I say innocently. Bella just sighs and ruffles my hair. "Let's go home, it's been a long day." She says, and as soon as she does I yawn and stretch. "Yeah okay" I say, reluctantly getting up. Edward and Jasper walk Bella and I to the car after we say our goodbyes to the family. "See you tomorrow Ro" Jasper says, hugging me and kissing the top of my head. I hug him back with a small smile on my face. "See you, Jasper." I reply and climb into the passenger set of Bella's truck. Bella starts the rusty thing up and drives away, me waving out the window to Jasper as we leave. As we pull onto the main road Bella turns to me.

"So, have you been thinking about prom?"