Five

Pic is Camille^^^^^

"I'm home!" I call to my mom. Asher and I take our shoes and socks off at the door and I motion for him to follow me. We go into the kitchen, and I'm  hoping to sneak past my mom to the stairs but she turns to greet me.

"Oh my!" She exclaims seeing Asher at my side. She nearly drops the bag of chocolate chips she was using to measure out the chocolate for cookies. "Evangelina is that a boy?"

"Mom!" My face burns. "He's just a friend."

She takes her apron off and comes around the island to inspect us. Asher looks a bit unnerved standing there holding my books. 

"I'm Asher Klein, Mrs. Walker. I'm Evie's friend, we are working on a project together." He says in a very mature tone. My mom's eyes light up when she sees his attire and his manners. 

"Oh please darling call me Emily. Do you guys want some cookies?" 

"Sure mom, whenever they're ready."

"Thank you Mrs... Emily." He looks at her with a fondness I can't put my finger on, but while she is still reeling from his presence I take my moment and dash from the kitchen. Asher follows me to my room and I take the books from him and put them on the shelf with the others.

"You can sit anywhere, I'll go get my craft supplies." I say before disappearing into my closet. I have to get my stepladder out to reach the bin on the top shelf, but I retrieve it. When I come back, Asher is sitting on the floor glancing around my room. It's an odd place to see him sitting. I join him and get out a small poster board and some photo paper along with pens and glue. 

We spend the better part of an hour working on the project. At some point he took his jacket off and my mom brought about a dozen cookies up. I was having a great time with him, we played music and had a dance break during which I jumped on my bed and he attempted to dance, he looked so out of his element swaying to Ariana Grande in his khakis and button-up. Before long it's 4 o'clock and he's made me forget about my condition for a whole hour and a half.

A tap sounds on one of the windows that made up the half circle of my window seat, and Camille comes tumbling in. 

"Shit, I almost broke my camera, E!" She laughs and closes the window. She throws her knapsack onto the carpet and walks over to me, kicking her Burks off to the side.

 "I've been meaning to tell you about this hot guy in my business and marketing class, I wonder if he'll model for----" She stops dead in her tracks and her jaw drops when she sees Asher. 

He had looked up when she came crashing into my room and his eyes haven't left her since.

"Camille, this is Asher Klein my chem partner. Asher this is my friend Camille Collins." I introduced them. Camille walks over tentatively and joins us on the floor sitting with her back to my bed in between us.

He looks at her.

She looks at him.

He looks at her.

Flash

Her shutter opens and closes. Asher blinks, startled.

"Camille you can't just take pictures of people." I chastise. She lowers her camera with a guilty smile.

"Evie he's so hot though." She moans. Then we laugh together. He is very attractive I give her that. His face burns with a blush.

"Sorry, Asher. That's just Camille." She winks at him. He clears his throat and returns to gluing pictures onto the poster board with a red face.

"I'm going to crash here, Evie. Lauren and Mia might come later too after cheer." We often times have big group sleepovers on Friday nights. Sounds good to me. "Is handsome over here going to spend the night to?"

"No! No, I can't I have someone to get back to tonight, I can't leave her alone." Asher stumbles through the sentence. Camille's face falls. "Not a girlfriend or anything... I'm babysitting tonight, yeah babysitting. No girlfriends for me, not that it matters or anything. Haha."

She laughs at him shaking her head. "You're a gem, Asher Klein. I'll see you around." 

Then she jumps up and grabs the plate of leftover cookies and her knapsack and takes them up the spiral staircase to the 'second floor' of my room and shuts the trapdoor at the top.

"That was awful, Evie. Was I obvious?" I laugh at him and he groans. He's usually so put together. Camille rolls in and suddenly he's nervous and tongue-tied. It's quite funny. 

***

Asher left a little bit after that and Mia and Lauren came over. The boys end up coming too after practice. The whole night I tease Mia and Brandon about each other and Camille about Asher. We all hang out in the 'second story' of my room which has a TV, couches,pillows, blankets, and a mini fridge. Camille and I sit on the floor and share a blanket with Ollie, he put his arms around our shoulders and said we were "his girls" for the night, to which we only giggled. A very red faced Mia sat on one couch next to Brandon, and Lauren and Boston (who are dating) snuggled on the other  couch.

We all fell asleep up there, Camille and I both sprawled over Ollie's chest (he had a stupid grin on his face) Mia ended up with her head in Brandon's lap and Lauren and Boston were sleeping together, and for once I forgot for a while and everything was perfect.

Surrounded by my friends I finally got a good night's sleep.