three

Weeks passed by as I continued to be a, uh, nice student.

I had created a, well, a friendship between Harry and I. Kind of glad, saying his last name 'Potter' reminds me of the potty.

Classes weren't really interesting, except Care for Magical Creatures. I enjoyed looking at those shimmery unicorns and all sorts of animals. It's just my thing.

I was thinking about the pretty animals (which I had it earlier) while walking down the hall when all classes are finished.

I was walking back from the library when I saw three Slytherins. Two were sixth years- boys and one first year which was a girl.

The girl was Roxy Ville, I remembered her face and her auburn hair at the sorting ceremony. She got tanned skin but was really pretty even at age 11. I stopped dead in my tracks as I saw the boys were both holding their wands aloft. Roxy looked genuinely scared.

Without thinking, I rushed towards the little group, shoved Roxy behind me and got in front of her, looking st the boys.

'Hey!' I barked at the boys. 'What are you think you're doing?!'

They looked surprised including Roxy.

'Move aside, Parkinson,' one of them - I'll call him Dumb and I'll call the other one Idiot- said.

'Excuse me?' I snapped. 'You're bullying Roxy!'

'At least we don't support Voldemort, like you,' Dumb spat.

'Yeah, we're better than you,' Idiot said.

I was stunned at their comments. Angry tears prickled in my eyes but I blinked them away.

'Bullying a student with magic is illegal in the grounds of the school and it is very harmful,' I said in a calm tone, my face sour. 'So, if you don't mind me, Lumos Maxima!'

Light exploded from the tip of my wand to their faces. They shielded their eyes way too late.

Whike they were rubbing their eyes, I snatched their wands and broke their wands in halves , making four broken parts dropped to the ground.

'Oops,' I said casually. Roxy gasped behind me as Dumb and Idiot recovered from the light, still blinking but definitely could see the pieces on the floor.

'PANSY PARKINSON!'

Ah, always the wrong timing.

I whirled around, with a protective grip on Roxy's arm and saw Headmistress- professor, as she told us that she seemed more comfortable qith the title professor- McGonagall hurrying towards us.

The boys were too shocked to run. As McGonagall aoproached us, Idiot exclaimed, 'she broke our wands!'

'And she nearly made is blind! I'm still seeing splotches of white! ' Dumb added dumbly.

'Indeed she did,' Professor McGonagall said.

'Well, they asked for it!' I shouted. 'They were attempting to bully Roxy with magic and I just-'

She held up a hand to silence me. I closed my mouth shut.

'My office, all four of you. Now.'

-

I sat down between Idiot and Roxy. Dumb was beside Idiot, looking annoyed and angry.

'Now-' Professor McGonagall started to say, but got cut off by Idiot.

'Look, miss, we were very sorry-'

'Save your apology, Mr Laird,' the headmistress said. 'I would like to hear everything from Miss Ville. Miss Ville, if you may?'

'Yeah,' she nodded. 'Well, I was walking from the library to get to the dormitory when these two guys approached me. They said I don't deserve to be in Slytherin and that my brother was a loser. I exploded, yelled at them to shut up. They were mad, started to take our their wands. I was terrified-'

I nudged her, a sign said that she needed to breathe or she'll drop dead in the very big room. She took a deep breath and continued,

'-and then Pansy came. I really hope you don't blame Pansy, Headmistress, it wasn't her fault. I'm very grateful that she broke the bullies' wand in half. And oh, for nearly making them blind. '

Idiot and Dumb glared at her. I felt like a heroine when Roxy storied the truth.

' I see, ' Professor McGonagall muttered, the corner of her lips twitching. She fixed her glasses then said,'Mr Laird, Mr King, I hereby punish you the worst punishment ever.'

'Which is?' both of them asked.

'Cleaning the great hall without magic tomorrow after classes.'

I shot a smug look at the boys. They were stunned after McGonagall said the punishment.

'But-'

'No buts, Mr King. Now go to your rooms all of you- except you, Miss Parkinson.'

I nodded, biting my lip.

'Wait no,' suddenly Roxy said, her face worried. 'I don't want to walk with these guys al-'

The door swung open and appeared a boy with shaggy auburn hair and alarming grey eyes. 'ROXY!'

It was Rodriguez, Roxy's Gryffindor twin.

'AreyouokayroxyareyouhurtgeorgesawwhathappenedhesaidtheywerebullyingyouhewanntedtostepitbutsawanothergirlwasthereohdamnIwassoworried-'

'Mr Ville, take a deep breath!' Professor McGonagall interrupted him, clearly shock of the sudden outburst. 'Your sister here is just fine!'

'Yeah, I am. Thanks to Pansy here,' Roxy smiled.

Rodriguez looked at me. 'Thanks uh, Pansy.'

'It's nothing,' I replied.

McGonagall smiled. 'It's definitely something. Now Mr Ville, escort your sister out with the boys. I need to talk to Miss Parkinson.'

'Alright.'

He glared at Idiot and Dumb, as he put a protective arm around his twin. They walked out.

I turned to the professor who had this amused expression plastered on her face then scrunched up my face. 'So, you want to tell me something, professor?'

'Ah, not tell but ask,' she said, still wearing her amused face. 'What makes you break the boys' wands?'

'They were bullying Roxy and-'

'The truth, Miss Parkinson. I know you are not capable of doing something so....you get what I mean, don't you?'

'Uh, kind of,' I answered, putting on a scowl.

'Let me ask you again: what makes you break their wands?'

'W-well,' I fumbled for words. 'Slytherins shouldn't be mean towards other Slytherins-'

' I am still not convinced, Miss Pansy Parkinson.'

I bit my lip. I struggled to get the truth out but eventually I got there.

'The old hags told me that they're better than to support Voldemort. Like I did.'

Professor McGonagall smiled. 'That's what I want to hear. The truth. Are you embarrassed that you once supported him?'

'Yes.'

'Then, thank heavens, you are still on the right side. I observe some students been treating you hard, am I right, Miss Parkinson?'

'Um, yes.'

'Always remember I'm on your side,' she said, her wrinkles deepened as she smiled.

'Always?' I pressed on, quite unbelievable the headmistress of Hogwarts said such nice words to me.

She answered back, 'always.'

§ author's note §

I just have to add the famous line in the fandom which is "always". Sorry not sorry.