twelve

third person's point of view!

The girl named Daphne was done for.

She dashed up the hall straight to her dormitory.

She hastily got into her room and locked it shut.

Lily was on her bed, reading and was startled when her roommate slammed the door shut.

She looked at the flushed face of the other girl.

'Is everything alright?' Lily asked, setting her book down.

'It will be,' Daphne said, breathing heavily. 'Don't worry. '

'Greengrass, what did you do?'

'I did something wrong on my potion and it affected a Gryffindor.'

Lily arched an eyebrow.

'Don't worry, nothing horrible happened to him.'

'Then what happened?'

'It blasted in his face and now his hair and face is green. It will take weeks for the stain to rub off.'

Lily laughed. 'That's a sight to see.'

'And our new professor thought I did it on purpose ,' she said, rolling her eyes. 'He's honestly horrible.'

'And you fled the class?'

'I didn't run or something. I just rolled my eyes and walked out from the class. And then I ran down the hall because I am going to get punished for being rude to the professor. I didn't regret turning the guy to green, though.'

'Eh? Who's he?'

'Finnigan.'

'Merlin! You turned Finnigan green?!'

They both erupted to giggles.

'Why weren't you in Potions, though?' asked Daphne, climbing onto her bed.

'Hm? Oh, I didn't feel like it.'

'Remind me to skip that bloody subject with you next time.'

Lily was about to say something but was interrupted by a soft tap on the...window.

Lily whirled and saw an owl, tapping the glass with its beak.

'Oh!'

She rushed to the window, slide it open and took a scroll from its claws.

'Is that from Pansy?' Daphne asked.

Lily rolled it open. 'It is from Pansy.'

Lily sat again on her bed with Daphne beside her.

Greengrass and Moon,

I have to say, I miss the two of you. And Blaise. Also, little Roxy. Is she okay? Any bullies coming at her again? Tell her I miss her too.

Well, I write to say hi. Just letting you know that I still remember you two. Oh, I also write to clear something up— what Poppy said about me is a huge lie. I am not studying abroad or something. I'm at a place called Richmond Marvess.

I'm ill. Terribly ill and death is a  possibility.

But I'll be fine! I'll be just fine. I have friends here with me, one of them is Poppy's sister and the other is a guy our age. I could get cured.

I wish you two were here! Actually, no. I wish I was there with you two.

Write to me back!