fourteen | part one

- third person's point of view

Hermione Jean Granger knew every part of the school library. From the schoolbooks to the illegal shelves. She had read almost all the books in the library.

If she remembered correctly, the book that mentioned Richmond Marvess was somewhere in the illegal shelves. The illegal shelves are restricted for students to read. Hermione, being herself, did not give a damn.

'The book is somewhere here,' she said to Ron, going through each books one by one.

'Huh. Don't think I've been to this section before.'

'Like you've been to any.'

'The book is dusty and dreadfully dull. It even has big block letters on the filthy cover,' continued Hermione.

'Any chance that this book is what you're looking for?' Ron had plucked out a book nearest to him that matched the description.

UNKNOWN

'You found it!'

Hermione grabbed it from his hand ('rude,' Ron muttered) and  turned to the first page.

'By John H Kalypses,' Hermione read.

'Strange surname. But oddly familiar,' Ron remarked.

Hermione kept turning the pages, until she reached page 159.

RICHMOND MARVESS

'Oh, Ron, I found the page! '

'What a bloody ugly portrait.' Ron pointed at a portrait of a woman that was drawn underneath the title.

'Don't be mean, Ronald.'

'Well- that's not the lady's real face is it?'

They both started to read the content--

THE HISTORY .

RICHMOND MARVESS is an institute for the terribly ill. By terribly ill are illnesses with no cure. Richmond Marvess always took in those who had been cursed.

 Founded by Catherine Felix (lady in the portrait) or some may know her as Hope Felix.

'Oh, I know her. She's a mad woman. Killed herself, if I'm not mistaken.'

Ron said that ever so bluntly that Hermione was concerned of him.

In the words of Hope herself: "This golly of an institute is to heal and care those suffers from illnesses that are believed would lead death. It has no cure. What I believe, is that the cure is one's hope in life!"

Both Hermione and Ron had no comments.

Alas, there was a dark twist in this. Hope Felix was nothing but a fraud. She made everyone believed hope did cure her patients. She manipulated minds at that time. Of course, her intentions in the beginning was pure but when it went wrong, her reputation was the one she needed to save.

The truth revealed in 1889 when her son, George Felix spoke up in public.

"My mother is a [censored]," he said bitterly for the first time. 'A liar, at its finest. She tricked the lot of you! Hope did nothin' to them! They all died and she buried 'em somewhere deep in the [censored] institute. You lot really are fools."

He also stated that he decided to come clean because his mother was taking it too far, therefore making the young man anxious.

Hope Felix, almost immediately, disowned him. 

It was temporarily shut down after the incident. Years passed with George living a life with his wife and sons. Hope Felix, on the other hand, fell into a depression and hung herself. 

A woman took over the damned institute, George's sister, Josephine Felix, whom everyone called Jo. She was a pleasant woman. She turned the place into a place for therapy.

It was a happy place but then Josephine fell ill and died.

No one was to take care of the institute or her young child, Greta. Jo's husband left her and young Greta had to move to a orphanage.

When Greta turned 16, she disappeared. No one heard of her, no one ever cared but on the same day of her absence, Richmond Marvess miraculously vanished.

No one saw it ever since.

The history of the institute is mad and one question remains till now, one question everyone begs for answers : Where is Greta?

'That was interesting,' Hermione remarked.

'What the bloody hell is Pansy doing there?' 

'I have no idea,' Hermione said, turning to the next page--

LIST OF PATIENTS THAT RICHMOND MARVESS HAD TAKEN IN.

It was about two pages of names. Hermione looked for Parkinson, but halfway through she saw—

GREENGRASS

She went baffled for a minute but continued on.

PARKINSON

'I didn't know the Parkinsons were cursed.'

Ron reached over to flip the next page– a blank page –in which Hermione hit his arm.

'What the bloody hell was that for–'

'You're wetting the parchment!'

'Excuse me for having sweaty hands.'

That was when Hermione saw it. A faint, odd ink. She instinctively took both of the ginger's palms and settled them on the page.

'What are you doing?' Ron asked.

'Look.' Hermione pointed at the page after lifitng his palms.

Ron looked.

There were words as clear as the sky.

the institute still stands.
greta doesn't believe in hope.
she wants it over.
there might still be patients.
warn them. warn everyone.

And right there Hermione took out piece of parchment. She grabbed a quill and wrote–