Chapter 1

This is my first book, so please don't be to harsh, and enjoy Also, this is a fanfic, don't take to much to heart.

"Blake, i'm heading out to get some stuff, would you like anything?" A large man, with black hair, a longish beard, and a purple coat with white lining on the sides, Yelled up the stairs of his small, but cozy home. "No thanks Dad, im finishing a good book, but-" A girl with long black hair, and a pair of adorable cat ears, came down the stairs. "You should take this, i made the scarf last night, not much, but it should be fine for a bit" the girl said, smiling, and putting the scarf on her father. "It's lovely, Blake. Thank you" the man said, as he look at his daughter. He turns and starts for the door, but stops as he grabs the knob of the door. "And remember Blake, if you go out, put your bow on, you know how humans feel about us." "I know dad, i will" The girl said, rubbing her arm as her cat ears flattened against her head, and looks at the ground. "I'll be back soon, Love you, Blake." "love you too dad, be safe." With that, the man leaves, and starts down the street.

After a bit, Blake finished her book, and was left with nothing else to do. She lets out a long sigh, closing her eyes. She leans her head back, and opens her yellow eyes, looking at the ceiling. "Guess i should go get a new one, hopefully the have new books." The girl then sits up from the positen she was in, and looks out a small window. "By now, i think i read every book in that shop" she said as she gets up, and rests her eyes in a small book store. "well, i guess i'll just have to find out for myself." She grabs her riben off the table she was next to, and tied it around her ears so no one could see them.

A bit later, the girl arrives to the store, and pushes open the door open, and walks in. "Oh, hey Blake, finish the book already?" a voice from above asked, Blake looked up, and saw the owner on a ladder, organizing books. "Yeah, i finished this one, and wanted to return it, and if you got any, get a new book" She said, a bland voice, but a bit of hope and happiness hidden in it too. "well, i'm sorry to say, we don't have any new books, but, you can just take that one romance novel again" Blake's ears flattened against her head, of course, hidden. "oh, ok, i'll just leave this one here, and i'll go." She said, in the still bland voice, but a hint of disappointment and sadness hidden in it. She places the book on the counter, and leaves. She starts reading the second she's out side the store, and starts to walk home.

As she is walking, she is stopped by a tall man, with red hair, and bull (but look more like goat) horns, and a single blue eye, the other had a huge scar over it, so it was left a dull gray color. As Blake is about to speak, the man simply said "You are the most beautiful thing i have EVER seen in my life." She then realize who it was, it was Adam, the only faunes to not be discriminated against, and one of the most "handsome" (if you could even call him that) men in the town. "Thank you, but i'm going to go home and read...alone now, if you would be so kind as to let me." she said, if had a not so hidden bit of anger in her voice. "don't be like that, what is your name?" "...Blake, now leave me alone" She says, trying to walk around him, but was stopped. "Oh, don't be a bitch, just let me treat you to some food and drinks, and have some fun" He said, not even trying to hide his true intentions, disgusting. "I already said no, i'm going home, end of story" She walks around him, and heads back to her home.

WITH HER FATHER

It's colder than i expected, but luckily, Blake made this scarf for me, it dose hep. even if it's just a little bit. I was looking for a gift for her, but with no luck, as i was walking, i see a huge castle, it looked abandoned, but knocked hoping SOMEONE was there, and i was a bit lost, and could use directions. i walk up to the door, and use the thing on the door to knock. The door just..opened on its own. "Hello? Anyone here?" i ask then, see a fire going. I could just warm up a bit, then head home. I sit in the chair, and it was comfortable, and the fire made it nice and warm. Then a cart of tea rolled up next to me and heard a voice say "Here, have some tea dear, relax" I thank them ang grab a cup and start to sip. Then i hear someone come down the stairs but couldn't see who it was, Then i hear a woman speak "what are you doing here, who the hell are you" the sounded pissed. I jump up from the chain and say "I'm sorry, i knocked and the door opened, i sat down and was given some tea." "Get out" "W-What?" i was shocked. "I said, GET OUT" I could see a fire emerging from the person, showing their red eyes. I run out the door, and then see the most beautiful roses, Blake would love them. I try to get one, but was stopped. the woman from inside, "I TOLD YOU TO LEAVE, AND YOU TRY TO STEAL A ROSE!?" Her eyes were red, and it looked like her blond hair was on fire, and could burn anything it touched. "i-i'm sorry!" But it was too late, and was soon put in a cell, then realize, my scarf was gone.

BACK TO BLAKE

I look at the time and realized it was late, and my father hadn't come home yet. He would have come home earlier and told me if he was going to be out late, and was now getting worried, so i throw on a coat, put on my bow, and left. *Time skip* After walking for about an hour, i see a castle, in the middle of the woods, and it looked to be abandoned. but, something caught my eye. it was my fathers scarf, stuck to a rose bush. i grab it, and walk up to the door, and knock, jut to be polite. Then, the just starts opening, and i walk in. "Dad, are you here?" no answer, then hear and echo of someone saying "Blake?" and quickly take the chance and run up the steps. As i go up, i eventually reach the top, and see my father, in a jail cell. "DAD!" I yell, running towards the cell. "Blake, you have to leave, its not safe here" "What, no, i'm not going to leave you here, i'll get you out!" "Blake now before-" he was cut off by someone coming up the steps. They reach the top, and felt them looking directly at me.

"Let my dad go!" Blake yells, holding back tears. "No, He's a thief" Blake could tell it was a woman, but they hid in the shadows, and she couldn't see them. "what did he try to steel?" "he tried to steal a rose, after i told him to leave" "Its was a rose, please just let him go" Blake begged. "Fine, BUT, you must take his place if you would like him to be free" the woman said. "Fine, ill take his place, just let him go" the cell door opened, and i want in, hugged him, but had to push him out. "Blake, no, i will be fine, you need to be free!" "Dad, go, go to the village" "No, i'm not going to lose my daughter" "well you don't have a choice, she chose this." The woman said, and grabbed him. But, i could only see her arm, and not her face. "I love you blake!" he yelled "I'll come back for you!" i could just hear him say before going out of ear shot. And i was there, all alone, didn't even have a book.