Chapter 1

Willem POV: Beacon Courtyard

I had arrived at the academy after hours of being forced to listen to 'Yara' talk about rocks. I understand her semblance greatly affects the earth, but she literally didn't shut up. At least she didn't pry for personal information besides my name.

The academy looked as it did in the pamplet. The architecture reminded me of ancient castles and the like. Looking into the distance I could see the failed Mt. Glenn. 'I'll have to meet up with the Vale faction at some point.'

Just then, I felt an ominous aura from a cloaked student. Their red eyes met my silver as we shared a glare. After breaking eye contact I continued towards the building.

"Oum, I hate humans."

"A very broad statement, Okami." Yara replied with an attitude.

"You may be tolerable, but we are not friends."

The nomad girl crossed her arms as if pouting. They entered the building and almost instantly I see her slip her hand into the pocket of some blonde bimbo.

"And just what the hell are you doing?" Said one if the guys that noticing her stealing a wallet. The blonde turns and sees Yara, a look of confusion. Without a second thought, her violet eyes turned red with realization and anger. She grabbed Yara by the wrist and swung at the thief but was stopped in her tracks. Her arm, was stuck in place a breadth away from Yara's face. It was as if the blow came into contact with a wall.

The blonde pulled her arm back. I was thoroughly confused as I had not activated my semblance. Yara stood and smirked, reaching towards the empty space between them and touch the surface of an object. My eyes widened as I realized what this was.

"Is that glass?"

"Mhm~," Yara answered, "You're looking at Beacon's future number one student."

"Who the heck are you?" One of the girl's friends asked. A small crowd had begun to appear. The sound of arguing having drawn them in with anticipation of a fight.

I saw Yara smirk through her long hair and I looked on curiously. 'It's apparent that her semblance applies earth. That's a top tier semblance and would be difficult to oppose.' I thought.

Yara POV:

'She looks alot like miss Branwen.' I found myself thinking as I stood up and waved the wallet in her face. But there is no way they're connected.

"Okay, bimbo," I said with confidence, "I hear we have initiation tomorrow. I don't know what to expect, but I'm sure there will be action. But just a little heads up, you're gonna have to get used to being left in the dust."

The girl looked incredulously at me and seemed utterly livid. And boy did that make my day. It almost feels like home already.

A crowd began to form around us and I looked around cautiously, in case of a sneak attack. A student shouted in the crowd, getting their attention. It was a female faunus with a squirrel-like tail.

"Ohmygod! It's the prince!" I looked around, curious as to who was stealing my spotlight. To my suprise, girls were hovering around Willem. All the while he had a slight smile, as if he was seeing old friends.

"I'm not a prince," Willum said the one who called him out, "it's kind of embarrassing."

I quickly noticed that his fanclub was made up of faunus. Those girls who weren't a faunus looked to have no clue what they were talking about.

As this went on, I noticed the blonde was no longer focused on me, but Willem. By the look in her eyes, filthy thoughts were all but apparent. I deactivated my semblance and watch as Willem was bombarded with questions. To all of which, he told them he didn't wish to talk.