Chapter 3

It was dark now and everyone who arrived at Beacon that day were currently getting ready for bed in the academy's ballroom. The male and female students were seperated on each side of the room as the set down sleeping bags, pillows, etcetera. Most of them were eager to rest after their travel here, while a few were too excited for tomorrow's events to sleep. Dante happened to be up for a seperate reason. He simply could not regulate the thoughts racing through his mind after seeing the man responsible for the death of his sisters. He also came to realize he hadn't even though of them in the past century until recently. Their joyful smiles and laughs, he could suddenly remember them vividly.

"Oh no, not you again!" A voice shouted from behind him. He was wearing any of his gear, but instinctively reached towards a non-existent sword hilt and turned as he was brought back to reality. Dante realized, however, that the shout wasn't directed at him, but towards a prior acquaintance he met earlier today. To his suprise, the Schnee heiress was once again at odds with the local silver eyed girl. The yelling continued as Dante decided to approach.

"Shh! Guys, she' right. People are trying to sleep." Ruby said as she looked between an annoyed Weiss and Yang.

"Oh, now you're on my side." Weiss inquired at Ruby.

"I was always on your side!" Ruby argued, raising her voice. A blonde girl spoke up from behind Ruby in her defense.

"Yeah, what's you problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice."

"She's a hazard to my health!" Weiss replies loudly. Dante places a hand on Ruby's shoulder and looked towards the group with half-lidded eyes.

"Ladies," Dante says as he tries to get their attention, "in case you haven't noticed, sleep is currently impossible."

Suddenly, the girl in black whom he had seen help Ruby earlier with Weiss was holding a candle. "Ah, it's you. The one who helped Ruby with Ice-queen, here?"

"How dare-! Who even are you?" Weiss questioned. However, she wasn't able to get an answer as Blake blew out the candles and left them all in the dark.

The Next Morning:

People were just waking up and getting prepared for the long day ahead. Y/N, who was among the first to wake up, was already suiting up in the locker room. He noticed Ruby at a locker talking with the blonde girl from last night. Y/N decided to approach them.

As he got closer, he overheard Ruby talking about how she could let loose on the battlefield instead of awkward socializing. "Hey Ruby, looks like you don't have a single sleeping fiber in your body."

"Oh, Dante." She said while turning in his direction, "Yeah, I'm all rested up for the big day. You haven't met my sister yet, have you?" Ruby gestured towards Yang and Y/N replied, "Briefly."

Yang extended her gloved hand towards him with a smile. Her combat outfit resembled that of a pilot or bomber. "Yang Xiao Long. Nice to meet you."

"Dante Etrama Tepes," Y/N smirked, shaking her hand, "likewise." As they conversation was about to continue, he caught sight of the duo he encountered yesterday. He watched as they retrieved their belongings and was quite suprised when he saw the girl pull a full-sized war hammer from the locker. Y/N was impressed with how light she made it seem, but couldn't doubt its density.

"Whoa, that girl packs some serious muscle." He implied as the others looked in their direction. Yang's eyes widened as she remembers who they both were and began to walk towards the two. Y/N and Ruby followed behind curiously.

Currently, Willum and Yara were retrieving their weapons from the lockers. Yara took the opportunity to ask her friend about life in the faunus city in Atlas. Questions would be along the lines of 'How cold is it up there' and 'Do you make snow-faunus year round?' To all of which, Willum just sighed in response while staring a letter with different signatures. Yara noticed a smirk grow as he put it in his cloak pocket for safe keeping.