Chapter 2

Y/N:

'There he is...' Y/N thought to himself as the headmaster of Beacon approached the podium. 'The sight of him alone makes me livid.' In the past ten minutes, 'Dante', Ruby and Juane managed to find their destination for the speech.

Upon arriving, Ruby caught sight of a blonde girl and departed from our group. Jaune promptly gave a sigh of discontent.

"Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky to talk to?"

"Perhaps one of the several women around us would suffice?" Dante replied, gesturing around them. "Or maybe the redhead who has been watching you since we entered the building."

"You say something, Dante?" Jaune asked obliviously. Dante looks in his direction and notices the heiress of the Schnees.

"Sigh, nothing." Dante said as he continued through the crowd.

"You know, Dante, you're like the brother I never had." Jaune said with an odd layer of confidence.

"Charmed." The hunter in training responded with a deadpan expression. "Isn't that quite the statement for someone you met for about an hour?"

Jaune chuckled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. He turned away for a moment and Dante transferred his attention to his scroll. It displayed Dante's current aura level as optimal and a list of contacts were set prior. There encrypted information on the council's status. Cinder's group was currently tracking fall, Hazel and Tyrian were hunting the hunters and huntresses, and Watts had Leonardo wrapped around his crafty finger. In other words, things were going well.

Dante noticed a message from the doctor and opened it. It seemed to be a file containing the information of various students here at Beacon. His eyes widened as he noticed a picture of the red head from earlier, and her file named 'Pyrrha Nikos'.

'The unbeatable champion of the Mistral Regional for the last four years? Interesting...' Dante thought to himself before stumbling into Juane who had stopped walking abruptly. He looked forward with an annoyed glance. "Hey blondie, what's the holdup?"

"It's the headmaster, Dante, I think he's about to give his speech." Jaune replied in response to his question. Dante walked up beside him and peered up at the podium where a pale-haired man stood wearing a black suit.

"I'll...keep this brief." Ozpin began, "You have traveled here today in search of knowledge--to hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose – direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."

As he finished his speech, a blonde haired woman wielding a riding crop stepped up to the stage. "You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow, you initiation begins. Be ready. You're dismissed."

Students began to clear out and Dante spotted Ruby next to the heiress and someone else. "He seemed kind of... off."

"It's almost like he wasn't even there." Ruby implied quietly.

"I'm a natural blonde, you know." Remarked Juane, who had slipped into their circle. Weiss proceeded to to face palm at his comment.

Willum/Tara:

'Finally,' Willum thought, 'now I can have a moment without ceaseless yammering.' Sure enough, Yara was next to him going on about some incomprehensible nonsense. The wolf faunus was able to block most of it out, but he could thank his enhanced hearing otherwise.