⏳ - two

it was a new day but the same routines followed. it's been exactly a month since hyelin stepped foot inside the cafe.

she took note of the date and the time she entered a week before. and god knows why she did that.

she checked her phone screen to see if she was on-time,

4:44 PM
May 4

she sighed, knowing she was just on time. she smiled remembering the first time she entered the cafe.

it was the first, but why did it seem so familiar?

she shook her head and went to the same seat she occupied a month before and went to the counter to order.

"hello miss, may i take your order?" a tall boy, who looked like he had a different blood asked her.

hmm, must be a different staff.

"ah yes, guanlin-ssi. i'll have an iced caramel and a ham and cheese flatbread please." the boy widened his eyes in shock but quickly realized how she knew him.

"i see what you did there. anyway, that'd be five dollars, and your name miss?" he asked giving a short chuckle. the lady laughed with him and told him with a smile,

"hyelin." the lips of the boy formed a small 'o' before he nodded and write down the name.

she returned to her table and waited for the order. she decided to go to the wash room first since her face felt oily. she left her things and headed to the wash room.

after a few minutes she returned to her table. she there saw her food served already. when she was about to drink from the cup, she saw her name written in english and korean in a cute way.

hyelin (혜린)

she chuckled in a cute way before proceeding to her work.

**

"yah, guanlin-ah! why didnt you tell us she was there?" seongwoo slightly scolded the youngest.

"then what? leave my post just to say, 'hyung your crush is here'? psh, wtf hyung." he backfired.

"but seriously, you could've told us." daniel butted in.

"cut working hours for flirting and i will seriously kick you out of our cafe." sungwoon said, coming over to the boys.

"yah, hyung. we're like family here." jaehwan pouted, making the boys cringe.

"true, but that doesn't allow you to flirt with customers." jisung, who again came out of nowhere, said.

"whatever, back to your work guys." jihoon told them when he passed by them when he was on his way to the employees space behind the cafe.

"says the one who's headed to rest," woojin snorted, pointing at the boy walking away.

"yah, let him be. it's not like he's always resting y'know." daehwi intervened.

eight boys stared at him, tilting their heads. "you guys know your voices can be heard at the counter, right?" minhyun, who was making the ordered coffees suddenly came inside.

"what, that cant be. we're at the kitchen, hyung." jaehwan pointed out, like literally pointed minhyun.

"you do know, i am in-charge of the counter right? and you all are aware that the cafe is silent af." jinyoung, again, came inside.

"psh, you could just hear clearly and sharply. as sharp as your jaw." seongwoo tried to argue.

"bitch please, dont drag jinyoung's visual into this. and nine different voices with different notes could really create chaos, seongwoo hyung." jihoon said as soon as he git back from the lounge.

"stop cursing! goodness," jisung shook his head and waved his hand pointing the lounge.

"bye hoes." seongwoo rushed to the counter.

"it's my shift, calm your ass!" jinyoung tried pulling his shirt but to no avail.

"children, tsk." minhyun said, following them.

**

hyelin laughed silently to herself, listening to the boys argue about nonsense.

she grabbed her notebook and pulled out a pen before she began writing.