⏳ - ten

the day marks hyelin's tenth day of meeting the boys because its been ten months.

commonly, at this hour, hyelin is already at the cafe but its different today.

"yah, choi minki, why didnt you wake me up!"

hyelin disarranged her already messy hair and made her way to the bathroom.

"you slept up late so i decided not to wake you!"

hyelin groaned and did a quick bath and finished all her usual 'morning' routines.

when she went downstairs to eat, she was met by one of her brother's bestfriends.

"oh, jonghyun. annyeong,"

jonghyun smiled at her and slightly bowed before offering her his drink.

jonghyun was like her bestfriend even though he was minki's bestfriend.

they usually went out before as friends and you know, nothing in between.

"hey, heard you go to a cafe on a basis. is that where you're headed to now?"

hyelin hummed and nodded her head before grabbing the ramen her brother prepared for her while she was showering.

"that's nice, can i tag along?"

"what the hell, jr?"

the girl coughed and laughed at her brother's reaction.

she finished off what she was wating and grabbed her things.

she was already on the doorway when jonghyun was about to catch up.

"let's visit that place some other time, jr. you, me and minki."

hyelin winked at him and waved goodbye before skipping off to the cafe.

meanwhile, jonghyun sighed and raised his hand to wave a goodbye at the girl who's already left.

"some other time, you say. we dont even know if there will still be,"

minki patted his bestfriend's back and pulled him back to the couch.

**

"hyelin!"

"oh, jinyoung, hi!"

the boy caught up to the girl's corner and waved at her.

hyelin looked over him, he was wearing casual clothes and he seemed to come from somewhere fun since he had this giddy smile on his face.

"headed to the cafe?"

"yeah, we're almost there c'mon."

when they were on the doorstep someone opened the door and went out quickly, not noticing hyelin who was about to reach for the door.

the guy accidentally bumped on hyelin, hitting her forcefully.

and it resulted to her on the ground with her back lied on the cold floor.

"im sorry, miss. i didnt mean to, im in a hurry."

hyelin coughed out and she quickly covered her mouth when she tasted blood.

"hey, you think you'll get away with it so easily?"

the girl on the floor slowly stood up and fetched her handkerchief. she wiped her face and hand before holding jinyoung's shoulder.

"it's okay, baebae."

the said boy was about to answer but he just scoffed instead.

"and mister, it's alright just please watch ou--"

"hyelin?"

the girl blinked at the boy who knew her. she stared at him and the boy pulled off his hat.

"ah! dongho,"

"yeah, nice to see you. i really need to go, im sorry again."

"it's alright, please be safe."

"thanks."

the guy named dongho quickly left after their short conversation and jinyoung could only pout at her actions.

they headed inside after that and had their usual routine.

**

hyelin stared at the boys who were passed out on the employees lounge of the cafe.

jisung and sungwoon closed the place early so they could hang out since they were busy and they didnt have the time.

she sighed and went to them one by one, to stare at their peaceful faces.

i cant believe my time is almost up,

hyelin smiled to herself when she stood on the door frame, glancing over the boys who were tired from playing and work.

i cant believe im really leaving.

she wiped her tears and left the door frame. silently, she locked the doors and turned the lights off but the ones at the lounge.

leaving a single note where she wrote her 'thank you' and 'goodbye', she headed home.

with a heavy heart under the pouring rain, she clutched her chest and sighed deeply.

why did we have to spend our times together for fighting?

why did we have to break apart, just for me to come back without you even knowing it's me?