Chapter 5

I should have gone after him, I should have tried to talk to him but I didn't, my dumbass decided to sit pretty while he was heartbroken. I shouldn't have let that slip, what if he breaks up with me. Well done Holly. You just lost the guy that made your last two weeks the happiest of your life. I'm gonna go over there, I need to see him.

I knock on the door and immediately start worrying if I knock too hard but he answered.
"Holz I'm sorry, I shouldn't have run off, I guess I was just freaked out."
Next thing I know I hear his mom yelling "Let her in, leaving her in the cold won't get her back."
I giggle a bit at that and he smirks at me, that face lighting up like it used to in the familiar way I've learned to love.

He brings me up to his bedroom and that familiar smell of his deodorant washes over me. I sit on his bed and he sits beside me. He looks at me but for some reason I can't bring my eyes to him.

"I'm sorry," I whisper, finally managing to look at him face to face, but I'm overwhelmed by the shape of his lips remembering how they felt against mine when he kissed me in that soft gentle way. Then my gaze is drawn to his arms, not too muscular, just perfect, and I remember how he used to hold me and then finally his eyes, on words can explain how I felt when he looked at me with those eyes.

"Please forgive me."
"Baby why would I need to forgive you, I ran away from you when you were at your most vulnerable point, after you spilled your heart out to me, so if anything I should be asking you for forgiveness.  Will you forgive me? Please?"
"Of course I'll forgive you, you're the best thing that happened to me. But I thought you were mad at me."
"I could never be mad at you so let's put this whole affair behind us and restart."
"I would love that"

He leans in and kisses me, but this time it's different. He comes in heavy and I can feel all the pent up emotion he's letting out. I never want to hurt him again.