Rant: Online Creeps

Okay, I'm going to cut straight to the chase on this one. Can people please stop joining sites like Wattpad and social networks, with the intent of just creeping people out with direct or private messages posing invasive questions for personal details. It really irks me. Like, I love Wattpad for writing and reading and I love Twitter for promoting my writing as well as keeping up to date with what's going on in the world, not for engaging in conversation with creeps on the internet. I understand, that people use social media to try get to know other people through it, and that's fine. But, what's not fine, is literally, once you follow them or find their profile and say hello, is to dive straight in, asking me questions like where do you live? and are you single or married? or have you got any kids? and how old are you?  If you were to pose these questions face to face with someone you just met in the street, you would make them uncomfortable. The same principle applies with the internet. 

I've had direct experience with these kind of people and honestly, it's really creepy and these people need to back off. What makes it even more unsettling for me, is when I decide not to reply to their messages when they become too invasive to be comfortable, they start sending messages asking where you've went, or if you're still there, even if it's only been two minutes since they sent the last message and you haven't replied. This behavior is not appropriate. People trying to connect with other people on the internet, please become aware of the boundaries and don't cross them. And if you don't, when it regards me, you'll find yourself blocked pretty sharpish. Just something I thought I'd put out there. 

Anyways, rant over. See you again soon XD