Chapter 11

(Y/N): So Esdeath, what do you want to talk about?

She gets up from her seat and stands in front of me. The closer she got the colder the air became as the winds themselves became stronger as well.

Esdeath: As I've told you, those who have tried to claim my power in the past had perished from the cold. However, you remained unaffected.

(Y/N): I've trained in ice magic since I could walk. Not being able to stand this degree of cold would make me an embarrassment.

Esdeath: So it would seem. You've caught my interest, so I'll allow you to use my power. You may have been proficient with Ice before, but controlling ice will be as simple as breathing now.

I take in her words when the world around me starts to vanish as I look around. Esdeath does as well, before turning to me.

Esdeath: One more thing before you wake up. I will tell you that using my power comes at a price.

(Y/N): What is that price?

Esdeath: You'll see when you wake up, just remember, from now on...

She walks up and places her hand on my face while giving me a smile.

Esdeath: You belong to me.

Morning

I awoke to see that I was back in my bed at the Gremory mansion. I looked around to see that most of the room was covered in ice. My breath was visible as I get out of the bed. If I'm not mistaken there are two days left before Rias's rating game. I go through my daily morning routine, but when I got out of the shower I noticed something. Dead center in my chest was a tattoo.

 Dead center in my chest was a tattoo

(Y/N): Guess this is what she meant. Guess it's not too bad, she could have changed my hair or eye color.

Esdeath: I can if you want.

I slightly jumped when I heard Esdeath's voice.

Esdeath: Don't be so surprised, I am in your mind after all. It's only natural that I can talk to you.

(Y/N): Is there anything else you changed about me?

Esdeath: Other than your body temperature dropping, no.

(Y/N): Ok then, now I need to get back to training.

I  finished getting dressed, making sure to cover the tattoo, and walked out of my room. I walked down to see some of Rias's and my peerage already eating breakfast. They greeted me as I sat down and Fujino handed me a plate.

(Y/N): Is everyone awake yet?

Kagetane: No, some of us are still asleep.

(Y/N): I see, I'll go and wake them up. Meanwhile, you all go and prepare for today's training.