Chapter 13- Culture to Religion

Culture to Religion

I had always wondered why anyone would take someone's side, especially when they do not even know them personally but talking to Murat made me realize that it was not necessary to know someone or to meet them to give them a chance. Something that randomly happens in an uncertain moment was enough of a sign, and this was why he asked me to take a leap with Rafan.

Apparently, Rafan had talked to my brother, and my brother approved. I was here sitting, staring at my phone in a complete and utter ordeal. This one phone call had me running into theoretical spheres. The type of circles that remind me of living with someone whom I may lose. Whom I may fell in love with and grow apart from in the future or worse, they grow apart from me.

That's the thing with attraction or accurately, the word 'love' that we use ever so often, that it disappears with time, and a person eventually moves on from it. Rafan may as well not be the kind who would leave me, even if he feels that he is not happy, but that's the thing, why be miserable all your life for the one that you once loved?

But if I fell in love. If I let this parasitic feeling of yearning turn into something more eventful, I can never get over it; I can never get over him.

These thoughts had me occupied for far too long that I forgot that an hour has passed and I have done nothing, no work at all. The files were still roughly thrown like they were before the call came when I was trying to distract myself and what a fail that was! There was a knock on the door, and I knew who it will be, but I refuse to find out.

The constant three chants of knocks did not stop. Breathing a deep sigh in frustration, I finally moved towards the door, still contemplating whether to open the door or not, but the next set of knocks made me pull the door open.

Turning my lips in a thin line to prove a point, I stare at the person standing outside of the door with unspeakable charm to pursue me.

"What do you want, Ezzah?"

The smile on her face grows in width as she moves away from the front to my right side and exposes the empty space. Confused by her action, I turn my face to where she was standing. I was questing with my expression as to what is going on.

"I want your time, some of it, at least." The calm voice of this recently significant but very irritating person comes from the opposite side that makes me close my eyes over the fact that I am so busted.

"You talked to my brother, and I am guessing you know what he said," I say still facing Ezzah, who amusingly smiles at me, making me roll my eyes.

"So, are you going to ignore me or we are going out because I talked to your boss, and she said, you can have an early leave." I could hear the delight in his tone.

Ezzah, one day I am going to get back at you.

"Plus, this guy worked hard enough to earn a little amount of your presence. Don't you agree, Jeena?" I wanted to kill Pamir so much. I know he is enjoying this.

Breathing in, I turn around to two giant figures. One by height and the other by size. Only if Pamir was not tall, I would have grabbed him by his hair and throw him out of this building, but I do not think Ezzah would have liked it that much.

"Fine. Where do you want your time, Rafan?" I asked with a pointed look as I folded my hand at my front. A small smile appeared on his face. The smile was a mixture of a win and happiness that made me creep in a little.

"Get your stuff. I am waiting in the lobby." He said before saying his byes as he gave a brotherly hug to Pamir and a nod to Ezzah, who looked like she would scream out of joy any second now. Ezzah grinned at me, wiggling her eyes, and I only pushed her away from me instead.