🖤CHAPTER -1🖤

I was lying down on the soft, smooth, ticklish grass, feeling cool breeze tingling my skin, sun streaming down, beautiful azure blue sky above and melodious chirping of birds surrounding me.

I was in paradise.

My mom laid next to me, her both hands cushioned her head from the ground. She looked at me and showed her toothy bright smile." It is so relaxing out here. Thanks for bringing me here, Lu."

I smiled back and blew her a kiss. "Anything for my dearest mom."

I wish my life could be this calm every single day. I closed my eyes sighing in satisfaction and wondering. How did I get to have such a peaceful day?

I was lost in my thoughts until suddenly the ground started shaking. We both hastily stood up. The ground began to rupture, splitting into two. My eyes widen when I realized that the crack was heading towards us. I stood there frozen. I regained a little late when I heard my mom calling out my name. She was trembling. She extended her hand to me. I tried to catch her hand but before I could get a hold, the surface beneath us cracked making both of us fall. A loud scream left from my mouth. I felt my body splash into the water. I was sinking deeper and deeper, the sunlight making surface water shine became darker and darker.

I couldn't move, I couldn't open my mouth. I felt paralyzed. My vision got blurrier with every second and all I could see was black.

-----------------

Something jumping on me made me jerk up. I opened my eyes, everything seemed blurry, gasping for air and trying to calm my furiously thumping heart, I sat up, slowly focusing my vision.

I sighed in relief when I saw my room and chocochip. "Oh good god, it was just a dream"

A lazily smile grazed my lips when I saw chocochip sitting on my lap, gazing at me. I lift my chocolaty brown dachshund with my hands and brought him closer to my face and kissed him on his forehead. He licked the water dripping from my face.

Wait. What? Water.

I looked down at myself, my upper body was wet. My hair was stuck to my face and neck. What the...?

"Get up you whore, I haven't got all day." a familiar screeching voice made me divert my attention from chocochip to her, my step sister. Chocochip growled at her.

She was standing a few meters away with an empty jug in her hand, smirking at me wickedly.

"Do you mind telling me what the fuck are you doing in my room......." I looked at the time. "...at 7 in the morning and why the hell did you spill water on me?" I said in a sickly calm voice.

"I just had the sudden urge to destroy your peaceful sleep and by the way, I came here to take what's mine. This room is not yours anymore, It's mine now," she smirked twirling her fingers in her dyed blond locks.

"What?"

" I asked Dad to give me this room and he agreed instantly. So now pack your stuff and get out." Her light blue eyes locked on me with mocking grin on full display.

Okay. So, this time it's my room. Why am I not surprised?

I have to give up whether I like it or not. But I won't give her the pleasure she wants by taking something from me.  I kept my face straight and nodded.

" Yeah, Sure and thanks. I felt suffocated in this room, I needed a change. If I had asked Dad to let me change room he wouldn't have agreed." I said faking a huge smile, I got up and placed Chocochip down on the designer ceramic floor. I picked up my phone from my bedside table and called Ruby, she picked up instantly.