🖤CHAPTER -2🖤

As I was driving I couldn't help but think about what I have driven through in the past seventeen years of my life.

My father is one of the most successful businessmen in California. So just saying that we are rich would be an understatement. And this say is right that 'Lots of money comes with lots of issues'. 

I never had a good relationship with my dad. He loathes my existence since the day I was born. First I thought that he hates me because I was born 'a girl' instead of a boy but later I got to know that he hates me because he lost a big business deal on the day I was born.  He always had the stupidest reasons to hate me. Sometimes I wonder how could he hate me for such a small reason or there is something else, a bigger thing for him to hate me this badly.  He thinks that I brought bad luck to our family and even calls me a curse. 

His hatred towards me intensified ten times more after I rejected the offer of marriage by one of his most profitable partner. That man told me to sign a deal which said that when I will turn 23 I would have to marry his son and till then I couldn't have any relationship with any guy. I couldn't have signed that deal at any cost.

Knowing that your own dad hates you hurts like hell but I was still okay because I had my mom and my brother by my side.

My mom was like a light in the dark and shade in too much brightness. She was my best friend and the most amazing person I have ever known. She has always been there for me, at any time of my life. She was cheerful, kind, beautiful and so much more. I am blessed that I resemble her in at least external appearance. I have got her warm brown eyes but with added golden freckles, petite body, golden brown hair. The biggest difference between us would be the mole on my chin, just below the lips.

And my elder brother Louis, he is one year older than me.  He has brown hairs like me but dad's hazel eyes. We were partner in crimes, he was my bodyguard and I was the princess, he protected me from everyone who tried to hurt me. I used to emotionally blackmail him into wearing dresses and play princess game with me. This all changed after he began to spend more time with dad, he also became cold and hostile towards me. 

I wished that sometime in future Louis and dad will leave all their hatred behind and accept me and we will become one happy family. But maybe this dream of mine was not acceptable to god, so he made it impossible in such a way that now it seem like nothing but a delusion.

************

I parked my car in front of the flower shop. As I opened the door the fragrance of flowers engulfed me automatically bringing a smile to my face.

The shop lady greeted me with a cheerful smile. "Pleasure to see you again Lucy. How have you been so far?"

"Same as always," I said with a fake smile. "You have my order ready?"

She nodded and said "Yes. Just wait a second." She went inside a room and came out after a minute with a bouquet of Gerbera daisies bordered with delphinium and gently handed it to me.

Gerbera daisies and delphinium are my mom's favorite flowers and the irony is that this flower completely describes her cheerfulness, big heart, fun, lightness, and levity.

"Thank you, Marie," I said as I gave her a $20 bill.

"Welcome, darling. Come again later" She said with a warm smile. I smiled back and left the store.

********

I stared at the white wall border and the black and gold painted metal gate where Steinfield's Heaven was written in big bold italics. I took a deep breath and opened the gate with a key and closed it after me. This place is the same as always just a light change on the outside but the same on the inside. The marble stone pathway was covered with dust and dried leaves. It crumbled under my feet. The pathway was surrounded and bordered by trees and bushes.