🖤CHAPTER - 5🖤

I cracked my fingers with my thumb, one by one, while staring at the mass of the students in the parking lot. The scene was the same as usual people talking, shouting, making out, checking out, showing off and stuff, nothing has changed except that maybe I have become more anxious.

Pop.

Finally, it's the first day of the school, the day I have been dreading. Going to school has never been a pleasant memory for me. School is the same as hell for me but well, so is my home. In the past two years, I have endured so much shit that the thought of what this year has in store for me, has already drenched me in sweat.

Pop.

Last year Louis and Kylie threatened away every single person who tried to befriend me and kept bullying me throughout the year. They played sick pranks on me like writing abusive words on my locker, putting shit and mud in my gym shoes, insulting me in front of everyone, throwing and hiding my stuff and so on.

Pop.

I hope this year won't be as bad as last year since Louis has graduated out of school. But I can't rest easy because Kylie is still here and she is more than enough to make my life a living nightmare.

" Lucy. Hello, you there?" A hand waved in front of my face.

I jerked back a little and turned my face to look at Bailey, who was sitting in driver's seat. Since my car has been taken away from me, I had to trouble her for a ride.

"Oh, sorry, I was just thinking." I pursed my lips and gave her an apologetic look.

She chuckled. "I can tell. We should get inside the school before we get late. I don't want to get detention on the first day."

I looked back at the crowd. Guess I don't have any other choice. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Alright, let's go," I said and opened my eyes.

Bailey placed her hand over mine and rubbed it softly. "Hey, cheer up. Everything will be fine."

I forced a smile and nodded. " Yeah, hope so."

We stepped out of the car and walked towards the entrance. Some girls started whispering when they saw us.

"Look who is here?" A brunette girl whispered to the girl standing next to her.

" I pity her. Even though she has the money to do everything, she can't do anything. She is just a punching bag for her sister and brother and entertainment for us." The other girl said and they both started giggling.

I walked ahead and as always pretended like I didn't hear anything.

************

After collecting our schedule, we walked out of the office.

"We don't have any classes together, Bail," I said after going through my schedule. "This year is going to be worse. How am I going to survive without you." I stared at the schedule and felt like tearing it into pieces but I can't.

"Don't worry, Lucy. I know you are strong and you can manage it all," she said and folded the paper in four turns and gently kept it pressed in between the random page of the book. She glanced at her watch. "I should go to class, it's probably gonna start in 10 minutes."

I rolled my eyes. " Why are you so punctual Bailey? Going 5 minutes late won't reduce your grades and it's also the first day."

She raised her hands halfway up, her eyes wide. "Exactly, It's the first day and I don't want to be late."

My shoulders dropped down, giving up. "Fine." I gently pushed her to the direction of the hallway which leads to her class. "Go."