❤️ CHAPTER-3❤️

"Are you by yourself here?" asked someone in a husky voice.

I looked up, an unknown handsome guy was smiling down at me. He had short black hair, high cheek bones which made his long face appear compelling. His blue full sleeved shirt and dark denim perfectly outlined his fit body. He was standing in front of my table, waiting for me to answer.

"Ah, yeah?"

"Can I sit here, then?" he pointed to the seat opposite me.

"No," I shook my head. Because I don't want him to disturb me while I'm eating and most importantly I don't want myself to get involved with any guy after my past experiences.

He shrugged. I thought he would walk away. But no. He sat in front of me, despite my refusal.

" Hello Mr. Whoever you are, you didn't hear me? I said no."

" I heard." he placed his one hand on the table and stared at me for few seconds with his piercing blue-grey eyes. "Don't worry I only sat here because other seats are full, I don't have any other intentions," he said sounding least apologetic.

I looked around, he wasn't lying. All the seats are full. But still, I don't want him near me.

" You could wait till they leave," I suggested.

" I could, but why should I wait when there's an empty seat and also, you are not waiting for someone, are you?" he asked leaning forward.

"No, I am alone. And for your information, this seat is reserved just for me. So it's on me whether you can sit here or not and clearly I don't want you here." I said and took a sip of the orange juice.

"Why?" he furrowed his eyebrows and stared at me like his handsome face was refused for the first time.

"Cause, I want to be alone ." I simply stated.

He sighed and pushed back his black hair with his right hand. "Okay I respect that but I am really hungry right now and I have somewhere to go after this. After I finish I will go. I won't invade your personal space. I promise."

God. He is stubborn.

I bit my lip, contemplating what to do. I looked away from him and noticed that Uncle Brett was looking at me with concern. We made eye contact. He mouthed to me "Is he troubling you?"

I shook my head, no. "It's fine. I know him," I mouthed. I don't want to trouble Uncle Brett again. I don't want him to hate me too.

I looked back at the guy, sitting in front of me.

I sighed. "Okay. You can sit, but only for this once." Gosh. why do I always end up compromising?

He looked amused. "Thanks," he said and smiled.

I forced a smile and started eating my burger.

"By the way, I am Alan. Alan Jones." He pushed up his sleeves and raised his hand for me to shake. 

Why is he wearing a full sleeve shirt in such hot weather?

" I don't give a fuck," I said and took a bite of my burger.

He pulled back his hand and shrugged. "Are you always this rude or just having a bad day?" 

" I just hate men. That's all." I gave him a tight lipped smile.

" Why? You got your heart broken?" he joked.

"That's none of your business. Didn't you just say that you won't bother me?"

"Okay sorry. Girl, you have anger issues," he said and took out his phone from his denim pocket.

I ignored him and focused on eating.