𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"Thank you for having me over." His gruff voice soothes through the air, smiling down at my mother due to his tall stature. He leaves a small kiss on either of her cheek as a welcoming.

"No, thank you for coming!" My father's naturally boisterous, obnoxious voice breaks through his big smile, shaking the man's hand firmly. "This is my wife, Kim;" he motions towards her. "my son, Gregory;" he pats my brother's back a little too hard, Greg letting out an almost inaudible grunt through the forced smile he gave as he shook our guest's hand. "and my daughter, Alena." My dad takes a slight step over to me and wraps his arm around my small frame, soothingly rubbing up and down my arm.

The landlord holds his hand out for me to shake, my eyes shyly gazing up into his own as I lay my hand into his. To what I thought was going to be simple handshake, he lifts my hand up to his face, his soft, pink lips pressing the gentlest kiss against the back of my hand. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at the touch, my cheeks instantly heating up. "I'm Harry; Harry Styles."

"She's a beauty, isn't she?" My father gushes from behind me, combing the hair away from my face with his fingers. Really, dad?

I don't break eye contact with the man in front of me, his eyes on my father for a moment as a soft smile spreads across his face before his glittering orbs glide back to meet my own, holding a tight stare. "She sure is." Oh my gosh. My knees fell a little weak.

"Let's eat!" My mother chirps, disrupting the moment.

We make our way towards the table that held various dishes of steaming hot food, the aroma instantly causing my mouth to water. I made sure to take a seat next to my father, being the daddy's girl I am. My mother takes a seat at the end on the other side of my father, my brother and Harry sitting opposite from us.

"This smells absolutely wonderful." Harry hums in satisfaction, placing his napkin neatly onto his lap, protecting his expensive-looking suit. I found it quite odd on why he dressed so formal in such an informal type of place. The majority who resided here dressed down, not up. I'm sure he had to be smoldering in his choice of clothing.

"Please, dig in and help yourself."

The cue from mother had us wasting no time in helping ourselves cram our china plates with helpings of delicious chicken, steamed veggies, creamy mashed potatoes, and soft rolls. Silence teemed the room as we concentrated on clearing our plates, too occupied devouring our food to initiate colloquy.

Forks scraped against plates, ice in glasses swirled and clinked against cups as everyone continued to dig in. Every now and then I would peek up at Harry only to see him focused on the food in front of him like everyone else. After a few lengthy minutes, my father clears his throat.

"So, Mr. Styles, what do you do for a living?"

"Well," Harry took a minute, seeming focused on ridding his mouth of any food. "I work in trade. I've been dabbing into real estate recently, for additional pay."

Real estate as his side occupation? He must obtain well salary in trade to be able to purchase such lavish housing in the area for extra payment. I know real estate down here is exceedingly successful due to the island being a tourist hot spot. He must be showering in riches; Hell, his suit is possibly as expensive as half a year's worth of rent payment my parents compensate for this house.

"It'd be lovely to be able to live here full-time." My mother voices, dabbing the corner of her mouth with her napkin.

"What do you trade? Stocks?" My brother mumbles through a mouthful of calories, earning a distasteful face from our mother.

"Not exactly, more focused on immense quantities of merchandise and wares."

"Like through business?"

"You could say so." Harry nods, taking a keen sip of his lemonade.

I glanced around the table, everyone holding an inquiring, attentive expression towards Harry as he spoke of himself. Everyone seemed admired by the man, and I don't blame them, as I was just as admired myself. Harry rendered himself well, coming off as an intelligent, sophisticated, mannered man through attire and attitude.

I must've been gawking, my focus returning on his bright eyes burning into mine, giving off a little wink as a smirk rose upon his features. I bit my lip, directing my attention to anywhere else but him. This was surely the longest lunch of my life.

"How long have you been traveling down to Key West?" Harry questions, eyes still on me.

"For about five years now." My father answers for us. "We love it here! It's like our second home."

"It sure is marvelous. A serene, remote place indeed."

"How long have you been down here?" I spout out, instantly obtaining Harry's full attention.

"Just over a year now." He nods.

He's fairly new to the community for only settling here a year. Although the area is booming with tourists renting out homes throughout the year, I don't recall witnessing any of the dwellings nearby up for sale the last time we visited. Perhaps Harry purchased property through a close cohort? I couldn't fathom why I studied so much into this man, but there was just something about him that made me wish to know all about him. He wasn't like anyone I've met before, and he inexorably wasn't like anyone on this island. He's divergent.

Conversation around the table persevered as I dwelled inside my own thoughts, deterring what was being said from intruding into my ears. The sound of a chair scraping against the floor brought me back.

"This was a lovely lunch," Harry rised from his seat, glancing down at his watch for a brief moment. "but I must be going."

I kept in my seat as my parents stood from the table to gait our guest out the door, thanking him for coming and anticipating to see him again soon. I observed Harry as he fitted his suit jacket back onto his torso, his large fingers clasping the buttons securely.

"Again, thank you for having me." He rasped, his eyes shifting from my parents to me, holding my vision hostage until his own disappeared from behind the door.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

alright, the story is now gonna get so good i promise omg i can't wait i have so much planned sksksksk
i'm sorry if these first chapters seem boring i'm just trying to get the background/situation set up.
please vote and comment it'd mean everything to me thank you