𝐭𝐞𝐧

A day or two had passed since the last time I saw Harry, our last encounter recurring in my head like a broken record. I could still sense the touch he had left on my thigh and lips, my skin burning and lips tingling. Never had I yearned for something more than I did now; to have him close to me again. 

The family and I opted to have a serene day at the beach today, basking in the blazing sun and golden sand. Beach waves crashing and seagulls gawking deluged my eardrums as I lounged out on my spread towel, eyes sealed, my skin cooking underneath the summer warmth. The crisp breeze coming from the ocean, though, was a nice opposite from the heat. 

I've been lying here for an hour now. I couldn't remain idle in the same spot for too long or I'd start to get rigid. The rays of sun suddenly became too much, the heat impelling me even more uncomfortable than I already was. 

"I think I'm going to head back to the house." I huff a sigh, brushing my hair off of my sticky forehead as I sat up. My eyes roamed the beach in front of me, catching sight of my brother and father in the crystal ocean trying to catch a surf. 

"Why?" My mother unglued her eyes from the pages of the book she held in front of her, squinting at me. 

"It's getting too hot." 

"Why don't you cool off in the water? It feels nice." 

"The heat is making me feel a bit lightheaded and sick, I think I need to lie down for a little." 

"Alright, hun." I began grabbing the little belongings I brought to the beach with me. "Be careful on the way back. We'll head back in an hour or so in time to get ready for dinner." 

With that I began the trek back to the house. 

The popularity of Duval Street left the back roads peaceful and almost empty, the quiet scene relaxing me. Distant music could still be softly heard from the bars and restaurants on Duval, but at the right tone to not be too much. The sound of yelling ahead disrupted the peace, grabbing my attention. A small group of boys my age were playing soccer in the street, too focused on the game to notice me walking by. I don't recall witnessing them before. I've been here for years now, how is it that I haven't met any friends? I really am a loner. 

I arrive to the house, pushing my way through the gate. As I step towards the front door, I remember that I didn't grab the key from my mother. I groan to myself as I twist the door knob anyway despite being aware I am locked-

The door opens. 

I stood confused, vividly remembering my father locking the door behind him. Maybe he didn't. I didn't care, I'm just thankful I'm not locked out in the heat. 

The feeling of cool AC against my face as I entered the dwelling felt like heaven. Tossing my belongings on the kitchen table, I turn to go change out of my bathing suit. I instantly halt in my tracks, my eyes widening at what I saw. 

"Harry?"

He stood tall in the living room, eyes as wide as mine. "Alena."

"What are you doing here?"

"I've come to check on the house. Your mother called about a leak in one of the sunroofs." 

Of course he has a key to get in, he's the landlord. "Is it fixed?"

"As if it never happened." He flashes me a smile. 

I nod my head inertly, never removing my eyes from him. His boot-clad foot glides over the rug on the floor, straightening the crease in it. 

The secret door. I wondered if he knew about it? Should I bring it up?

"Why did you come home alone?" Harry quirks his head a bit, taking a step towards me, hands rested in his pockets. "Where's the family?"

"At the beach. It got too hot so I decided to return early." 

His movements get closer, the eye contact held suddenly becoming a bit overwhelming for me as I divert my gaze to the living room behind him. I look back at the carpet on the floor.

"Do y-"

"I couldn't stop thinking about you."

I gaze at Harry, his glossed green irises held me captive, unable to look anywhere but at him. He continued to stroll towards me, my heart rate immediately spiking, it was difficult to respire. I stepped back until my lower back hit the kitchen island, the cold surface pressed into my warm skin. Harry stood tall in front of me, his chest almost grazing mine as he leaned his face closer, his warm pants against the side of my neck. I couldn't say a word; I didn't dare to even try. My eyes felt heavy, his presence too much for me, the effect he had on me quite insane. 

His large hand skimmed the skin on my waist, gently tugging me closer to him. I placed my own hands on his upper abdomen, looking up into his eyes. I could swear I looked flushed, the way my face was burning. He lowered himself to grab at my thighs and swiftly lift me up onto the edge of the kitchen island, urging his waist between my legs to push against me. 

He hovers his lips against the skin on my cheek and down my jawline, his breath still fanning against my skin, raising goosebumps in his trail. He moves the hair from my face back, carefully holding all my hair and pulling it with a bit of force to urge my head back, exposing my neck to him. 

I let out a small whimper as his soft lips press against my neck, leaving wet kisses. The single touch was enough to spread a warmth through my whole body, especially between my legs. I wanted more from him so bad, I shifted my hips closer to the edge of the counter to press against him. A hum leaves his throat at the touch, and I knew I was on the right track. I rolled my hips again, biting my lip in desire, my movements needy. Harry stops sucking on my neck, his lips grazing my ear as he moves an arm between us. 

"What do you want?" He nudges my legs wider, creating room for his hand to press between my legs, his fingers barely pressing onto my core. "Is this what you want?" His fingers start to gently rub circles into me, my eyes immediately rolling back as I nod frantically, unable to speak. A wave of tingles spread through my abdomen and lower legs as he touched me, a light moan leaving my lips. 

"You like that, don't you?" He breathes against my ear, a cocky tone to his voice as he continued his assaults on me. I nod, pushing my lower half against his hand to feel more. "Answer me."

"Y-yes."

And with that he stopped. 

"I have to go, sweetheart." He presses one last kiss on my neck before pulling away.

My mind was clouded and puzzled as I watched him leave the building and disappear without another word, still sat on the counter in the same position he left me in.