𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Harry escorted me home that afternoon, the accompanied walk silent as I kept replaying those words through my head, still quite bewildered.

There are things you don't know about me, angel.

What could he possibly be referring to? I mean, sure, everyone has stories about themselves that they wouldn't be too happy sharing with others, and everyone makes mistakes; however, the way he brought it up and the way he stared me down as those words escaped his lips in a cold demeanor made me believe it was something quite worse than the average dirty little secret.

I went straight to bed that night after dinner, a bit exhausted physically after my stroll around town and mentally after all that talk with Harry. Even tired out of my mind, my body wouldn't allow myself that sweet escape of slumber. I swear I had been staring up at the ceiling for at least three hours before I drifted to sleep.

The bright morning came quick, my mother being the one to force me awake as we had plans as a family this afternoon. I hastily got out of bed and made my way into the bathroom to pamper myself and got dressed into casual short shorts and a simple tank top paired with my white Keds. Of course, everyone sat waiting patiently for me to get ready as I was the last to wake up, and once I was done, we left in a jiffy. 

The island felt a bit more crowded today than usual, the sidewalks jam packed with pedestrians making it a bit of a hassle to get anywhere and stick together as a family. With my sunglasses sat upon the bridge of my nose, shielding my eyes from the harsh sun, I lagged behind my family as I enjoyed the atmosphere around me with a smile.

Passing a large open area, many vendors were set up selling artwork, food, drinks, and little doodads. Softly behind the noise of everyone talking and laughing with their loved ones, the sound of steel drums echoed through the air, the reggae music suiting the atmosphere perfectly as a strong breeze of ocean air came through, cooling my skin for a split second before the sun's rays felt hot against my body again. 

We spent about an hour going in and out of shops, my mother buying some decorative pieces to bring back home for the house, my dad purchasing fine crafted cigars. I didn't really find anything I liked as I'm quite a picky person. The clock was soon peaking noon, my brother groaning that he was too famished to do anything, claiming that he was going to die from the heat and an empty stomach if we didn't get him food fast enough. Deciding on an outdoor cafe next door, we were quickly seated and served with fresh seafood, misters hanging above the area spraying the boiling air with a cool mist. 

After the family finished lunch, we all decided to head to a stand down the road to schedule fun activities for the days ahead. I couldn't contain my eagerness to go snorkeling in the crystal blue water to see all the beautiful fish and sea life right off the coast. 

Passing by the corner restaurant we ate at the first day of arrival, I gleamed inside at the packed atmosphere full of noise and music. There was never a time a day this place was empty and not full of people; it didn't surprise me, however, because the food was absolutely delicious. 

Scanning the customers, my eyes halted upon the mysterious man I've become so accustomed to. Harry was sat at the bar, leaning on one elbow as he held a serious almost frightening stare at a man in front of him that I couldn't examine due to his back facing my way. I couldn't hear their conversation, but body language told me it was something crucial. 

As my family and I stood waiting for traffic to halt to cross the crosswalk, I couldn't help but keep my eyes on Harry. It didn't last long, however, as I witnessed him shake the man's hand before Harry stormed off the other way. 

Just in time for us to head in the opposite direction. 

* * *