Chapter 22

Naughty Siblings

Cheng Xiao Xiao was quite aware of the situation the family was in. They were just starting out, if they really have to take on those gossipy women, they would only bring about bigger problems. So she would have to hold back for now.

"Ay, Xiao Xiao, it was all our fault. Otherwise, you should be looking for a husband right now!" Mrs. Cheng was filled with guilt. Her daughter was at the age of looking for a husband, but there was no suitable family around. And after the insult of those obnoxiously mean women, she felt even more guilty.

"Mom, don't say such things!" Cheng Xiao Xiao frowned lightly. She had no interest in looking for a husband so soon. She was only 16, back in her old life, she'd still be a kid going to school.

She saw herself as a child, but Mrs. Cheng thought otherwise. But with the current situation at home, there was nothing she could do. Sadly, she resigned, "Xiao Xiao, mom will find you a nice family."

"Mom, no rush. Really!" Cheng Xiao Xiao smiled and said, "Mom, I am going to start cooking lunch. We are having braised fish today!"

"Okay!" Mrs. Cheng understood that her daughter had no interest in continuing with this topic, so she stopped.

In the afternoon, the family enjoyed a serving of delicious braised fish. As expected, the three young ones screamed in joy. The two large fish was picked clean. Mrs. Cheng looked at the happy smiles on her sons and daughter and smiled herself.

After lunch, the sibling didn't even take a break before they called the dogs and ran out to play. After Cheng Xiao Xiao had finished the dishes, there was no one to be seen.

After walking outside and hearing the voices of her sibling from the back of the house, Cheng Xiao Xiao walked over there and saw them playing around the well and her color changed.

"Zheng Yuan, Zheng Bin, Lan Lan, you guys come back now!"

"Big sister!"

"Big sister, you are here!!"

"Big sister, how come you came too?"

The three young ones all started talking at the same time, especially when they saw her worried and upset look, the three of them exchanged looks, and all looked down from now.

"You guys want to die? Do you know how deep this well is? If you fall in you won't be able to climb out of it. This is not like the river outside, you can't drown in that!"

Cheng Xiao Xiao was angry and upset. She dragged the three of them away from the well. She was deadly afraid of them falling inside. At the same time, she regret not thinking about adding a fence or something around it to keep the young ones away from it.

"Big sister, what are you worried about? Big brother knows kung fu. He will come sae us!" Said Zheng Bin begrudgingly.

Little Lan Lan chimed in in the midst of all this, "Big sister, don't worry. Big brother is here too, he won't let us fall inside!"

"Shut up!" Shouted Cheng Xiao Xiao angrily.

They have never seen their big sister so angry before, the two youngest ones looked as though they have been scolded unjustly. Pouted, they didn't say anything else. Cheng Xiao Xiao gazed more time angrily, then focused on the older brother, "Did you bring them over here?"

"Big, big sister, I am sorry!" Cheng Zheng Yuan was already thirteen. Seeing how angry their big sister was, he apologized right away.

Cheng Xiao Xiao was still angry and continued to scold him, "Did you think you are invincible knowing that little bit of kung fu? If either one of them fall into the well, not even dad could save them, let along you. You think are you so brave to take them here!"

Her austere words made Cheng Zheng Yuan too afraid to rebutt. He knew he shouldn't have taken the younger sibling there.

"Big, big sister, please don't be mad any more." Little Lan Lan tugged on her sleeves with her puppy eyes. "Big sister, it's all Lan Lan's fault. Lan Lan asked big brother to take her over here. Will you please forgive big brother?"

"Hrm, you three...." Even though she was very angry, but more worried about any accidents. But looking at the three lowering their heads in front of them, she felt a moment of weakness. "Okay, just this one time. Next time this happen, you will all be punished, understand?"

"Yes!" Replied the three in synchrony.

"Okay, it's noon, go home rest up before you come out to play again!" Now that she was calming down, her tone softened.

"Big sister, how come only one field was ploughed?"

"We have just started, so only one was done!"

"Big sister, what are we planting here?"

"I haven't decided yet. Let's see what others are growing, we will grow the same!"

"Big sister, why don't we plough a few more fields so we can grow rice too?"

"We will, in a few days!"

......

The four of them chatted on their way home. Cheng Xiao Xiao decided that she will have Yuteng made a cover for the well tonight. She didn't want to risk any of the young ones falling inside of it.

After arriving home, Mrs. Cheng found out that they were playing by the well and scolded them again.

That very night, Yuteng sealed off the well with her jade vine sprouts. They could be removed whenever necessary.

Nothing else was changed. After all, they couldn't produce too much at the same time. Anyhow, she plotted sprouts into the ploughed fields and since it was watered by the well cloned from the dimension, the vegetables all look nice and healthy and made everybody happy.

From this point forward, the two boys only need to chop and collect firewood from the hills. Nothing else is necessary. Cheng Xiao Xiao and Mrs. Cheng focused their attention on Cheng Bi Yuan. No matter what, they still wish him to have a quick recovery.

After a month of medicines, most of Cheng Bi Yuan's internal injuries were healed. The only injuries remaining were the severed tendons and crushed bones. There weren't much changes in those.

Cheng Xiao Xiao started to get worried as they were almost running out of the herbs that she had collected previously. Even though she was a pharmacist, she didn't know much about treating patients. And even though the doctor their hired last time wasn't some world-renowned doctor, but the medicines that he provided along with the herbs she had collected had positive results on Cheng Bi Yuan.

She felt that she should have the doctor return to check on her dad again. After all, she couldn't keep giving him the same medicines.

She felt that she needed to have a discussion with her parents.

She knocked on the door and entered the house. She noticed that not only were both her parents there, her brother Zheng Yuan was there as well. It looked like he was listening attentively, and she asked, "Mom, dad, did I interrupt something?"

"Nah, we are a family," replied Mrs. Cheng indifferently.

Cheng Bi Yuan nodded at her slightly and said to his oldest son, "Did you remember everything I just told you?"

"Yes, dad, Zheng Yuan had it all memorized!"

"Good, you go. Remember lots of practice. Come to me if you have any questions!" Said Cheng Bi Yuan. He then frowned and added, "And remember to not bring your brother and sister to play at dangerous places!"

"Yes, dad, I won't do that again!" Cheng Zheng Yuan knew he was referring to the incident of playing by the well.

"Okay, you can go now!"

"Yes, dad, mom, big sister. I am taking off!"

Cheng Zheng Yuan exited the room while the three looked on. Mrs. Cheng looked at the daughter who made a special trip to the house and asked, "Xiao Xiao, what seems to be the matter?"