Chapter 6

Shawn’s POV
During the following days I felt like I saw her face everywhere. No matter where I was looking, no matter where I was going. It was like her ghost followed me all the time.

But I felt free... that sounds mean but I had always felt like she was holding me back somehow by just expressing herself. As if she never wanted me to grow and get better than she was.

But of course that could just be my imagination trying to find something bad about her, that it would be easier to forget her. If that was the case it wasn’t working at all. I always thought of her and I missed her. A lot. When I got myself some coffee from the store a couple blocks from my house that morning I had to think about her again. She had always been with me. We had laughed on the way while we were walking no matter what the weather was like.

If it was snowy she’d just throw a snowball at me. If it was hot we’d take out an umbrella and took it to cover us from the sun. We were like little kids but I didn’t mind. I had a lot of fun and that was all that counted at that moment.

I shook my head. I shouldn’t drown into these good memories. It would make breaking up even harder than it already was. So I got my coffee and went home again. I had a to do list at home but I didn’t want to do anything at all. I just wanted to let go of all my problems and be my younger self again. It has been so wonderful being young.

There was no pressure, not that much decision making and also as a kid I just didn’t worry as much as I do now. I guess your view on the world just changes while you’re growing up.

Back to my to do list. Nothing I wanted do do- except... my family wanted to see me. I got up. That would probably cheer me up. So I called to tell them that I would come over for the rest of the day and left my house.