{•Chapter Seven•}

Could you help me with this, Gwen?" Leon asked as he rounded the corner and spotted a collapsed metal cabinet.

"Yeah." Gwen placed her hands just below Leon's and they pushed the metal cabinet back against the wall. She winced when she pulled away and saw blood soaking through the gauze wrapped around her hand.

"How is it?" Leon worriedly asked her.

"Hurts like hell, but I'll live. Just need to find some more gauze to replace this blood-soaked one," she said.

"Alright, but if it starts hurting more, tell me," he replied in a serious tone.

Gwen smiled at him. "I will."

Leon swiveled on his heels and walked into the room. He didn't make it far before a large, mutated man jumped down from the ceiling. "What the-?!" The monster grabbed him before he could seize his pistol and shoved him down on the metal catwalk.

Gwen gripped her gun tightly and fired round after round at the monster, successfully snatching its attention. "C'mon, you ugly bastard," she mumbled, reloading her gun. It swung a metal pipe at her, but she dodged it before it made contact with her head. The creature growled and turned its anger towards her, giving the man a chance to escape. "Leon, move!"

Leon watched in horror as the monster targeted Gwen while he recovered and got to his feet. It swung the metal pipe in its grasp wildly while trapping her in a corner. Leon grabbed his shotgun and fired at the creature's head. It turned and stared at him with rage, jumping over to him and breaking the walkway underneath him.

"Jesus..." Leon panted once he recovered from the fall. Slowly, the monster dragged its body off the piece of walkway and its arm pulsated. "Words won't work on this thing..."

"Leon!" Gwen shouted from the catwalk.

She tried to jump down to the floor below, but Leon stopped her. "Stay there!" The monster trudged towards Leon, who promptly backed away and reloaded his shotgun.

Gwen ran across the catwalk and fired round after round when the monster came into sight. Leon, on the floor below with the creature, kept a small distance between him and the monster to keep out of reach from the metal pipe in its hand.

After running around and shooting the creature, it cried out in pain and its arm grew, revealing an eye.

"Well, that's new," Gwen commented

"Well, that's new," Gwen commented. Seeing the eye blink and twitch, she grimaced at the sight.

Leon was disgusted at the sight and fired at the optic, resulting in a strange liquid to spurt from it. Gwen followed suit and shot a couple of rounds at the eye, forcing the monster to a single knee.

The echo of bullets firing was all that could be heard as the duo continued to shoot the monster. The battle went on for what felt like hours until Leon discharged one last bullet. The creature wailed out in pain as it backed away from Leon. It backed into a railing, its body tipping over the metal and falling into an abyss of darkness.