{•Epilogue•}

A/n: Welcome to the final chapter! It'll be pretty short, but as I said in another part, there will be a sequel! Love you all!!!
~✨Celestial✨~
••••••••••••••••••••
A couple of weeks have passed since Leon, Gwen, Claire, and Sherry escaped the infested Raccoon City. Claire had left a few days ago to continue the search for her brother, Chris. Gwen had wished her good luck and told the redhead to tell her older brother hello for her.

Leon, Gwen, and Sherry were currently relaxing in a hotel room, still recuperating from all that happened. Over the two weeks, Sherry had become emotionally attached to the young couple and felt as if she had a new family.

Gwen was currently in the shower while Leon and Sherry were sitting at the small table by the window. "So, how'd you and Gwen meet? I've been wanting to know for a few days."

"Well..." Leon started, leaning back in the seat. "I found her disoriented on the street four years ago. She seemed lost and I decided to help her. After that, we were never apart until I left for the police academy. Two years passed and Claire and I found ourselves stuck in Raccoon City, which ended up being the same day I reunited with Gwen."

"Did you miss her a lot when you were gone?" Sherry asked, resting her elbows on the table.

"More than anything or anyone else," Leon confesses with a gentle smile.

The door to the bathroom opened, revealing a squeaky clean Gwen. She was drying her inky locks with a towel before tossing it aside. "You telling Sherry our boring romance story?"

"Boring? Far from it!" Sherry giggled. "It's almost like a romance novel."

"Never read a romance novel where they fight for their lives in a zombie-infested city," Gwen said as she sat on the bed across from the table.

"It's because yours will be the first one!"

Leon raised a brow with a smirk. "You plan on writing a story about our first date during a zombie apocalypse?"

"Maybe when I'm older," the little girl replied.

"That would be best. We wouldn't want a 12-year-old writing a horror slash romantic novel. After what you've seen, I'm afraid you'll spend too much on the gruesome details," Gwen chortled while teasing Sherry.

Suddenly, the door to the small room was kicked in, frightening the little girl. Armed men stormed into the room with their guns drawn but lowered. Sherry ran to Gwen, wrapping her arms around the woman's waist. The archivist stood in front of her while Leon blocked both girls from the armed men. By their uniforms, he could tell they were military personnel.

"Leon Kennedy, Gwendolyn Sparrow, you are coming with us for questioning. Do not resist and this'll all be over soon," one man responded.

"Question us for what?" Gwen pondered, hugging Sherry closer.

"The Raccoon City outbreak." He then pressed a finger to his ear, talking into an earpiece. "Targets have been located. Apprehending them now."

The men grabbed the three and pulled them away from each other. Gwen saw how rough they were handling Sherry and snapped. "Hey! She's just a little girl!"

"Ma'am, calm down. She will be placed in protective custody," the soldier holding onto Sherry informed Gwen.

"That still doesn't give you the right to handle her roughly," the young woman spat.

Leon and Gwen were thrown into one vehicle while Sherry was taken to another. As they left the hotel, the couple sat next to each other, both worried about the little girl they had been taking care of after escaping Raccoon City. "If they want answers, they just have to ask us," Gwen grumbled.

"Yeah. Not like we've got something to hide," Leon said, glaring at the soldiers who sat across from them.

After a lengthy ride and an unbearable silence, the truck came to a stop. One guard grabbed Gwen while the other took Leon. As the couple was torn apart and forced into separate rooms, the archivist paced back and forth nervously. There was no window in the room, only a door, a table, and two chairs. It made her feel like a prisoner.

Another hour passed before someone entered the room. A rather decorated officer gestured for Gwen to sit down and she did as she was told. The soldier sat down across from her, placing his linked hands on the table. "Miss Sparrow, my name is Jacob Myers. I'm the lieutenant of this platoon. We've been informed of your involvement with the Raccoon City incident."

"You don't think Leon and I are behind it, do you?" Gwen asked with fear in her sapphire eyes.

"We already know who's responsible for the outbreak, and it was not yours nor Mister Kennedy's fault. We brought you here to ask some questions and then you can be on your way."

Gwen sighed in relief, leaning back in the slightly uncomfortable chair. "Ask away, Lieutenant."

<----------<<<<<<<<<<<

Question after question, Gwen was able to answer all of them. Lieutenant Myers believed every word and finished the interrogation a couple hours later. "Thank you for your cooperation, Miss Sparrow. I apologize for the harsh treatment from my men."

"No, it's fine. But what about Sherry?" Gwen asked, worried for the little girl.

"She's in capable hands and we guarantee her safety. Now, before I let you go, I've received a proposal for you," Lieutenant Myers said. "The president wishes for you to become the archivist of USSTRATCOM. He's read reports about your skills and knowledge from databases found in the Raccoon Police Department and was thoroughly impressed with how brilliant you were at such a young age. According to your records, you just recently turned twenty."

Gwen couldn't believe what she was hearing. "The president wants me as an archivist? That's a little difficult to swallow."

"I will be needing an answer before you leave. The pay is high and you'll be provided an apartment near the White House. If you choose to accept, you'll depart for the White House immediately. My men will ensure your safety."

"What about Leon? He's my..."

"I'm aware of your relationship with Mister Kennedy. Let me just assure you, you will be working close to one another. He's accepted an offer to become an USSTRATCOM agent."

The young woman loves archiving and knew if she didn't take up the offer, she would have to start searching for a job. It would be difficult since she had no high school degree. The only knowledge she had was from the books she read in Doctor Griffyn's lab over the eleven years she was his guinea pig. Inhaling deeply, she sighed. "I accept the president's offer, Lieutenant Myers."

The man smiled in relief. "Good. He will be happy to know you've accepted his offer. You depart for D.C. in an hour."

Lieutenant Myers guided Gwen out of the room and down the hallway to a much larger room that seemed to be a lounge. On the couch, she saw Leon slumped over his knees. "Leon?"

His head snapped up at the sound of her voice. "Gwen!" He jumped to his feet and rushed over to her, hugging her tightly. After a brief hug, he moved his hands to her shoulders and stared into her crystalline eyes. "Did they do anything to you?"

Gwen shook her head with a smile. "No, Lieutenant Myers was actually very kind. I heard you took up a position as an USSTRATCOM agent."

"I guess we won't be seeing each other as much as I planned," Leon exhaled sorrowfully.

Gwen cupped his cheeks in her hands, her smile widening. "Actually, I've accepted an offer from the president. I'm going to be the USSTRATCOM archivist. I'll be working in the White House."

Leon smiled, leaning his forehead against hers. "It's nice to know you won't be too far away."

"I'll say. I was gonna freak out if we were separated for good. I can't live without you, Leon."

The former officer kissed her on the forehead. "Neither can I. I love you, Gwen."

"I love you, too, Leon."