resistance

dedicated to @seayceetings my gal

                     the strength to walk away is swimming inside you.

                                    please let it help you walk away from the hell

                                                                        that is turning your joy

                                                                                              into ashes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaycee

____

"Are you hurting?" the therapist asked her. Kaycee took a deep breath and leaned back in her chair, arms crossed. "No," she lied. 

It wasn't a total lie. In fact, she didn't really feel anything.

"Are you angry?" the woman tried again. Kaycee iced her out with a glare. "I'm done talking," she snapped. "I'm fine now."

"Obviously, you're not," the doctor shot back, standing up from her chair to meet the girl who had risen to leave at eye level. "Or you wouldn't be here. We don't admit patients for unneeded sessions, Ms. Rice."

"They told me I was done when I left Avon Grove," Kaycee retorted angrily. "I don't need to be here."

"I give up," the woman snapped to her advisor, who was sitting next to her, observing. "You can't expect me to take cases like these. She doesn't want to be helped, so fine, we're not helping her."

_____

Sean

__

"Hey, Dr. Morris, how was she today?" he asked as he saw the woman come around the front to the desk. The doctor rolled her eyes. "Same as yesterday. And the day before that."

His heart sank. "Nothing?"

She shook her head. "Nada." She turned her back to him as she filed Kaycee's papers back into the drawers. "She danced with you yet?"

"No," he found himself saying, disappointed as he was to admit it. "She won't even give it a try. It's always some excuse. I know she wants to, though," he said quickly, trying to save himself. He couldn't let them take her back to Avon Grove. He wasn't sure she'd make it out alive. "She just needs time."

"Depressed kids don't have time," she answered flatly. "They're running on borrowed time by some god's saving grace."

"So she's a hopeless case?" he deadpanned, unable to believe that this is what her new doctor, someone who was supposed to help her, actually thought. She shrugged. "If that's what she wants to be."

He decided right then and there that he had to speed up the process a little bit.

______

Kaycee

___

It wasn't that she tried to be a bitch to her doctors. But she could tell they'd already given up on her, so why should she put in any effort? This was her journey. She'd take her time with it. 

Until she saw the video. 

She knew he danced. She'd looked him up, and she'd seen all his videos. She hadn't told him who she was, however, because that wasn't who she was anymore.